★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games you'd love to see ported (DEVS, get in here :) )

06-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Games you'd love to see ported (DEVS, get in here :) )

Two simple rules - please follow them.

1. Please limit your ideas:

a) to ONE or MAX, TWO per post (not a list of 10), so that we can actually reply to and comment on your thought
b) for games which you feel are genuinely fun
c) to be REALISTIC: those which you feel the iPhone can handle well (in terms of Graphics, Sound & Controls)

2. Post a small picture or two (640x480 or less) of the game in action, for those who may not have heard of it.

To kick-start the discussion:

Extreme-G

I can't begin to describe the amount of fun this game provided... loops, twists, turns, it was all a sheer blast to play

Re-volt

Yes, the one with the RC-cars and powerups. Fast, fun and competitive, i'd love to see this on the iPhone

Feel free to share your ideas/thoughts

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
06-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Stratosphere: Conquest of the Skies
I don't think that would be something to port but something to use as an inspiration. It's a pretty old game and I don't think there has been anything like it since then on any platform. For simplicity and battery life it would be possible to implement a game like that with 2D top down graphics instead of the 3D graphics the original used.

06-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Extreme-G is an awesome game! I too would love to see this on the appstore!
06-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Extreme-G is an awesome game! I too would love to see this on the appstore!
That game was in fact, EPIC!!!

I want Super Smash Bros :/

The Life Blog
Minecraft
06-11-2010, 02:39 AM
I'd SO LOVE to see the original Max Payne ported! That was an amazing game, and i'm sure the iphone can handle it with a bit of a downgrade in graphics (and the 3Gs with an UPGRADE of graphics xD)

Currently playing: max payne, gta III (VC and SA), KOTOR, Man of Steel, Zombie Smash, Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump.
Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, The Witness, Transistor (?), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
06-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan007 View Post
I'd SO LOVE to see the original Max Payne ported! That was an amazing game, and i'm sure the iphone can handle it with a bit of a downgrade in graphics (and the 3Gs with an UPGRADE of graphics xD)

Either Max Payne or Dead to Rights (the first one) would indeed be interesting.

You know what'd be better though? Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
06-11-2010, 02:46 AM
I want Capcom to port the rest of the Phoenix Wright games. A port of Castlevania (NES) by Konami would also be much apprechiated. Itīs such a sweet little game, it brings back childhood memories. Besides, the original Castlevania really rocked.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by tblrsa; 06-11-2010 at 02:51 AM.
06-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrsa View Post
I want Capcom to port the rest of the Phoenix Wright games. A port of Castlevania (NES) by Konami would also be much apprechiated. Itīs such a sweet little game, it brings back childhood memories. Besides, the original Castlevania really rocked.

I agree with you, but Castlevania IV FOR THE D*MN WIN!

Currently playing: max payne, gta III (VC and SA), KOTOR, Man of Steel, Zombie Smash, Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump.
Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, The Witness, Transistor (?), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
06-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I would like to see Castle Crashers done for the Ipod Touch.

Thank You!
06-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Megaman X series
Chrono Trigger

Aahhhhh yea