★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: M.I.A games

02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
M.I.A games

Why has no one made these games yet??

1. Settlers of Catan (like the 360 one)
2. Skip-bo (the card game)
3. Chuzzle (Would be great to see)
4. Meteos
5. Rampart
6. Day of the Tentacle
7. Legend of Kyrandia

1st 3 should not be so hard to do I would think.
Not that they will show up but may give some developers some ideas at least.
02-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I think skip-bo was already made, but maybe it was phase 10 . . .

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I picked up Phase 10 wial it is a great game and well done it is not the same game as Skip-bo...but thatnks for posting.
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
CHUZZLE!!!!

I am dying for this game on my ipod. I already bought the full version for my PC and cell phone but this would be perfect for slow times at work, so it's not super obvious that I'm playing a game LOL. I thought I found a good sub with Ballz! which is awesome, but I don't like the time limit and the lack of the giant chuzzles/locks/points for more than 3 lined up/etc.

Someone do it PLEASE!
02-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf101 View Post
Why has no one made these games yet??

1. Settlers of Catan (like the 360 one)
2. Skip-bo (the card game)
3. Chuzzle (Would be great to see)
4. Meteos
5. Rampart
6. Day of the Tentacle
7. Legend of Kyrandia

1st 3 should not be so hard to do I would think.
Not that they will show up but may give some developers some ideas at least.
Oh I would love a Settlers of Catan game for iPhone!!! I also think the touchscreen is just made for old-school Point-And-Click Adventures, so why has nobody (except "1112" by Agharta Studios) made any of these?
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
3. I wouldn't be surprised if this one pops up some day, since causal games are so popular on the iPhone.

6. Since LucasArts seems to have this "we don't do adventure games" stance now, I wouldn't count on this. However, if you want to jailbreak your device you could get ScummVM and you should be able to run DOTT.

7. I believe that was Westwood Studios, right? I don't think they exist any more, so it would really depend on who holds the IP rights now. In reality, though, I doubt you'll see too many adventure games coming from big name studios. With rare exception they haven't really proliferated other handheld devices either.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes I do agggree on your comments for 6. and 7.

But I would love to see the 1st 3 at least.
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm personally waiting for a game similar to Shining Force II from the 16-bit Sega Genesis.

I know, I'm a dreamer. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Chuzzle appeared briefly as an independently developed but unauthorized clone on the Jailbreak scene almost a year ago by Maomao Games and released through WeiPhone. (Please excuse the self-promoting link; I don't know where else it was covered.) PopCap put a stop to it pretty quickly, though, largely because it was called Chuzzle and looked exactly like Chuzzle, but wasn't developed by PopCap, so ... blatant IP rip. I played it while it still existed and it was pretty good, but was missing some key features from the original.

Ordinarily I'd peg big guns shutting down clones as an indication that they plan to bring it out themselves, but since this was a direct ripoff, this was ordinary IP protection, so no idea if they'll bring it to the iPhone. PopCap seem to be a bit behind the curve with the whole iPhone thing.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
What about Peggle? I think its supposed to be coming, but its taking awhile...

I like your thoughts, I doubt some though. DotT being one. I think you can get it with jailbroken though. But yea, click adventures would be AWESOME on here. And retro ones even more so... One that was made for palm... broken sword.

http://www.astraware.com/palm/featur...=0211-000-0363

That there is a great port of a PC adventure to palm. I hope some take that to the iPhone, and ya, do ones like DotT, with lucasarts permission of course. Grim Fandango?