★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Help Needed: Beta Testing Questions

06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Help Needed: Beta Testing Questions

Hello all,

Hopefully I've picked the right area for this topic. It seemed to be the most logical place for my questions.

I'm a first-time beta tester for a developer here at tA. I've been sent a zip file with a few folders inside. I unzip the folders and was instructed to put the folders in my iTunes folder and then the beta build should update automatically.

I'm using a PC, not Mac. I've tried moving the folders around within my iTunes folder. I've tried to Add Folders to Library via iTunes. I've moved some of the files within the beta folders around in iTunes. But, I've not been able to get the beta build onto my iPhone.

I can see the updated beta build in iTunes. The standard app icon disappears and is replaced with a generic iTunes icon. However, when I sync my iPhone, I get a message that tells me the update was not transferred to my iPhone because the signer is not valid. I've updated iTunes and my iPhone (3GS with 3.1.3) to the latest version. I'm not jailbroken. My PC is old, but I don't think that should matter. I think I'm just missing an important step or haven't put a file in the right place.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone with beta testing experience please tell me the exact steps I need to follow in order to get the beta build onto my iPhone?

Thanks!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
ur UDID is not in the mobile provision file that comes in that file package then... this is a easy fix but the dev. will have to re add ur udid to the game then it should let u play!
Also, u just drag and drop the files into itunes nothing special like add a file or anything like that hope that helps!

-The Infinity Project-A Highly Rated FPS for iPhone & iPod Touch by Crazy Robot Games-
Also Check out the Amazing Necromancer Rising!!!
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
erm unzip the zipped file, and there should be the a folder(usually a .app folder) and a provisioning file(sometimes it may be in the folder or sometimes it's intergrated into the .ipa file)
just drag the two items or one depending on your situation into the library part of itunes and that should do it

you can also use iphone configuration utility, but i'm suck at explaining things

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

Last edited by aznriceboi13; 06-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkdstoyer View Post
ur UDID is not in the mobile provision file that comes in that file package then... this is a easy fix but the dev. will have to re add ur udid to the game then it should let u play!
Also, u just drag and drop the files into itunes nothing special like add a file or anything like that hope that helps!
This is the information I was looking for. I sent a message to the dev to have them check the UDID they used for me. Hopefully this works! Thanks!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
if you're jailbroken this doesn't happen though. the same reason jailbroken people can use cracked apps.

most unknown good game: peril canyon. Most known bad game: NFL