★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Top 10 iPad Puzzle and
Top 10 iPad Simulation Game
Now on the iPhone and iPod Touch!
50% OFF NORMAL PRICE!

"If you're a big puzzle fan and want to try some quality titles on your iPad, check this app out" - AppVee.com

"There are plenty of puzzle games available for the iPad, but few with the style, sophistication and customization options of mentalBlock. Meditation has never been so frustrating, and that's a good thing." - 148apps.com

"One of the truly unique physics games on the iPad" - app store user

mentalBlock is a physics puzzle game done in a totally unique style.

Some blocks need to stay, some need to go. Some need to be worked around, and some can be used to your advantage. Once you figure out the rules, and adapt to the physics involved, you'll need to remove the mentalBlocks in each level in order to proceed. But it isn't always that easy, as you might find green "idea" blocks that you don't want to disturb.

Things may look easy, but remember: there are physics involved. That means, it doesn't just matter WHAT you do, but WHEN you do it.

mentalBlock is not only a great physics puzzler on its own, but we've taken it to the next level, by including the same level builder used to create the levels that ship with the game!

Challenge yourself against the 45 levels that ship with mentalBlock (with more coming in updates), and in future updates, play against levels created by mentalBlock for iPad users in the iPad versions level editor.

FEATURES:
- Real physics modeling and gravity
- 45 levels, from fun and clever to downright difficult
- Original sound effects and music
- Sound/Music toggle
- Totally unique "staticy television" graphical style and sound scheme

Want to see it in action? View the game trailer at http://glowdot.com/mentalblock

This special iPhone/iPod Touch version of mentalBlock allows you to play ANY of the levels in ANY order, and includes a special ZOOM button to help with touching the smaller blocks.

Mastery of mentalBlock is only the beginning.

glowdot's comments:
A few weeks ago, I released mentalBlock for iPad. In it's first week it was in the top 10 puzzle and simulation games, and Apple included it in the New and Noteworthy and What's Hot sections of the iPad app store. I got a lot of requests to port it to the iPhone/iPod, and that port is out now.

mentalBlock Mobile LITE is now available.

mentalBlock is a physics puzzler with 6 types of blocks (7 in the current iPad version) and 4 way gravity. The object of each level is to rid the screen of red blocks without disturbing the green blocks.

148Apps has given the iPad version a really nice review, which you can read here.

Quote:
There are plenty of puzzle games already available for the iPad, but there are few with the style, sophistication and customization options of mentalBlock. Meditation has never been so frustrating, and that’s a good thing.
If you have an iPad and want this game, definitely go with the iPad version. That version, besides taking advantage of the larger screen, also contains the level editor and has already been updated to include a 7th block type. But if you have no iPad, that's why I made this version. Because the screen is smaller, and touching is more difficult, there is a zoom button that lets you get in closer to make moves. I think it works well, and even adds another layer of challenge in there.

Here is a video of the iPad version of the game:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
And while I'm waiting for the LITE version to be released, here are 20 promo codes:

[edit] all codes are used. For those on the fence, mentalBlock Mobile LITE should be out in the next day or two.

Please post what code you used in here, and a review would be nice. Good, bad or indifferent, any kind of feedback/review is appreciated.

Last edited by glowdot; 06-12-2010 at 02:56 PM.

06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Took F3JJXEKXF3JT (the first one)
Thanks a bunch dev!
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Thank you very much!
Took 99TFXAWLHLPN
06-11-2010, 08:22 PM
HNWH4N3M6LJM ... thanks!!
It looks great!!!

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member
06-11-2010, 08:30 PM
grabbed YEFMH4W3LY39, thanks.
06-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Used APX76MPKLPMH, thanks!
06-11-2010, 10:37 PM
R6YY3P7K9LLJ, thanks
06-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to jwei44
Took NJJR4TRHF4KH

Looks awesome. Thanks for the promo! I'll post a full review soon.
06-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Updated the promo codes with what you guys posted here, not sure if any of those are left.

cloudcastles, thanks for the nice review

I was very nervous about porting an iPad game to iPhone but so far people seem to be happy, which is what I was hoping for, so thanks again