★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 79.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The most beautiful game of the app store finally gets the High Definition its breath-taking environments so richly deserve. The HD version sports iPad optimized controls along with unprecedented graphics, slaughtering zombies has never been so fun!
TwinBlades is a frantic shooter game set in a medieval era with unique manga-like graphics.
Help the nun defeat evil with some heavy zombie-killing action across multiple environments, venture through the city market, the cemetary, a chapel in ruins and the city's outskirts to purge the town of all its living-dead inhabitants.

Buy new skills and powers and upgrade them as you progress day after day. Manage carefully your energy by slicing zombies with your mighty scythe in order to use the destructive powers of your artillery!

The game features:

- 6 range weapons ranging from machinegun to explosive nukes.
- Upgradable skills for your character which can be bought and trained.
- An immersive storyline with epic boss encounters!
- Different kind of zombies behaviors, shake your device to get rid of grabbers!
- 10 exclusive new environments discoverable at different times of the day or night
- Show the whole world what you've achieved and improve your Gamerscore online with Open Feint!
06-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Anyone tried this game yet? Looks good from the pictures but I'd like some thoughts from people whom have played the game.

06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigox23 View Post
Anyone tried this game yet? Looks good from the pictures but I'd like some thoughts from people whom have played the game.
I bit. I actually just got the original version for free the other week and really liked it, so I didn't mind too much spending money this time on it since I've already tried it out, and especially with the new environments that the iPhone version doesn't have (as opposed to the other way around, as seems to be usual).

I don't know if you've played the original version, but it's a fun 2D sidescrolling hack & slash game with some upgradable elements. Killing the zombies gains you hearts which you can spend to receive better weapons, more health, different attacks, etc. There's a bit of grinding involved if you want to level everything up, but it's goes quickly and is a lot of fun, so it's nothing too bad. You certainly won't be grinding like it's an RPG or World of Warcraft.

The HD version is really fantastic. The graphics are super sharp compared to the iPhone version, and it controls well. The one thing I don't really like is that sometimes a zombie will grab hold of you, and you have to shake the iPad to get him to release you. I think this probably works better for the iPhone or iTouch rather than the much larger iPad, as it really disrupts the game. I loved the visual style of the original version, and it's REALLY nice seeing everything in the higher resolution. While I wish it was a bit cheaper ($2.99 sounds about right), I don't really regret spending $5 bucks on it. After all, at $5.50, I spent more on my frozen Coke at the movies tonight.
06-12-2010, 05:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
06-16-2010, 10:06 PM
ok so I just bought this game and I gotta say, It is probably one of if not the best hack & slash games for the iPad. While it is repetitive, I gotta say I was never bored, the music is awesome and the gameplay really shines. It also looks very beautiful and while it is all 2d, I got say I fell in love with the art, and the guts and blood from the zombies is epic. Furthermore, I think the pros really outweigh the cons, the cons being the shake feature and controls (need to allow for personalization).So all in all I think more people should check this game out.

Last edited by Shigox23; 06-16-2010 at 10:12 PM.
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Any tips to finish the first boss? Cause he beats the crap out of me all the time despite my upgrades.

Im just dont know how to dodge his attacks while taking care of the zombies horde.

Fantastic game, by the way. One of the best for the iPad.
06-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
Any tips to finish the first boss? Cause he beats the crap out of me all the time despite my upgrades.

Im just dont know how to dodge his attacks while taking care of the zombies horde.

Fantastic game, by the way. One of the best for the iPad.
I'd recommend upgrading your health, the laser/light gun and your energy capacity as much as possible. That's what I had to do. You may have to grind a bit, but upgrading those as much as you can should take him out pretty quickly.
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
so getting this.. Awesome graphics..
06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
The boss battle is what made me get into the game, because it seemed like mindless button mashing til then.

What you do is stand about 3/4 of the way back when he attacks with the ball and chain it will instakill any zombies between you and him... run up and wail away or stay back and shoot.

The next boss I am having a problem with just because i can't change weapons fast enough.
06-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, we're very glad you're enjoying the game!

understudyheroes, the vulnerability cycles is linear, thus you can predict what weapon you should use next even before the bubble changes color. Or else you can do it the sucker's way (which is mine) consisting in sticking with the flamethrower and shoot only when it's red

Press Start Studio - Game Developer
Visit us at www.press-start-studio.com !