Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Twin Blades HD

Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 PM

Anyone tried this game yet? Looks good from the pictures but I'd like some thoughts from people whom have played the game.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigox23 View Post
Anyone tried this game yet? Looks good from the pictures but I'd like some thoughts from people whom have played the game.
I bit. I actually just got the original version for free the other week and really liked it, so I didn't mind too much spending money this time on it since I've already tried it out, and especially with the new environments that the iPhone version doesn't have (as opposed to the other way around, as seems to be usual).

I don't know if you've played the original version, but it's a fun 2D sidescrolling hack & slash game with some upgradable elements. Killing the zombies gains you hearts which you can spend to receive better weapons, more health, different attacks, etc. There's a bit of grinding involved if you want to level everything up, but it's goes quickly and is a lot of fun, so it's nothing too bad. You certainly won't be grinding like it's an RPG or World of Warcraft.

The HD version is really fantastic. The graphics are super sharp compared to the iPhone version, and it controls well. The one thing I don't really like is that sometimes a zombie will grab hold of you, and you have to shake the iPad to get him to release you. I think this probably works better for the iPhone or iTouch rather than the much larger iPad, as it really disrupts the game. I loved the visual style of the original version, and it's REALLY nice seeing everything in the higher resolution. While I wish it was a bit cheaper ($2.99 sounds about right), I don't really regret spending $5 bucks on it. After all, at $5.50, I spent more on my frozen Coke at the movies tonight.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 PM

ok so I just bought this game and I gotta say, It is probably one of if not the best hack & slash games for the iPad. While it is repetitive, I gotta say I was never bored, the music is awesome and the gameplay really shines. It also looks very beautiful and while it is all 2d, I got say I fell in love with the art, and the guts and blood from the zombies is epic. Furthermore, I think the pros really outweigh the cons, the cons being the shake feature and controls (need to allow for personalization).So all in all I think more people should check this game out.

Last edited by Shigox23; 06-16-2010 at 11:12 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Any tips to finish the first boss? Cause he beats the crap out of me all the time despite my upgrades.

Im just donīt know how to dodge his attacks while taking care of the zombies horde.

Fantastic game, by the way. One of the best for the iPad.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
Any tips to finish the first boss? Cause he beats the crap out of me all the time despite my upgrades.

Im just donīt know how to dodge his attacks while taking care of the zombies horde.

Fantastic game, by the way. One of the best for the iPad.
I'd recommend upgrading your health, the laser/light gun and your energy capacity as much as possible. That's what I had to do. You may have to grind a bit, but upgrading those as much as you can should take him out pretty quickly.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM

so getting this.. Awesome graphics..
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

The boss battle is what made me get into the game, because it seemed like mindless button mashing til then.

What you do is stand about 3/4 of the way back when he attacks with the ball and chain it will instakill any zombies between you and him... run up and wail away or stay back and shoot.

The next boss I am having a problem with just because i can't change weapons fast enough.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Hey guys, we're very glad you're enjoying the game!

•••Spoiler:  
understudyheroes, the vulnerability cycles is linear, thus you can predict what weapon you should use next even before the bubble changes color. Or else you can do it the sucker's way (which is mine) consisting in sticking with the flamethrower and shoot only when it's red