★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shaolin Training

06-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Shaolin Training

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.
06-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Looks like fun.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

06-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I was just about to post this and, yes it does!

Does it have a score or is it merely a pass/fail type thing?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Interesting premise and I LOLed when I saw the cannons raising up and taking aim on the dude.
06-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Game Impressions

Wowza wow!

The game plays as pretty as it looks!

The game is just what you saw in the video, push all of the crates off your plateau (how did you and them get there on the first place?) without falling off yourself in 15 progressively more difficult levels. Each level is scored independently with you needing to at least complete the current level (knocking off all of the crates without falling off yourself) to unlock the next. The player is free to replay any of the unlocked levels for a better score (your top 3 local scores are tracked and the online scoring will kick in once Apple's Game Center is released with OS 4). Your score is based on how quickly you complete it as well as how little damage you take. While the majority of your time will be spent manually pushing stacks of crates, you can also jump (might be handy for avoiding cannon balls) and if you manage to stick around long enough without getting damaged, unleash a cool psychic blast that will send crates and even cannon balls flying off into space. The game even makes it very easy to swivel the camera to any convenient angle which can be handy in helping you spot the edge of the cliff (which you might not see if the big crate you're pushing is blocking your view.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Wowza wow!

The game plays as pretty as it looks!

The game is just what you saw in the video, push all of the crates off your plateau (how did you and them get there on the first place?) without falling off yourself in 15 progressively more difficult levels. Each level is scored independently with you needing to at least complete the current level (knocking off all of the crates without falling off yourself) to unlock the next. The player is free to replay any of the unlocked levels for a better score (your top 3 local scores are tracked and the online scoring will kick in once Apple's Game Center is released with OS 4). Your score is based on how quickly you complete it as well as how little damage you take. While the majority of your time will be spent manually pushing stacks of crates, you can also jump (might be handy for avoiding cannon balls) and if you manage to stick around long enough without getting damaged, unleash a cool psychic blast that will send crates and even cannon balls flying off into space. The game even makes it very easy to swivel the camera to any convenient angle which can be handy in helping you spot the edge of the cliff (which you might not see if the big crate you're pushing is blocking your view.
I'm picking this up now, great mini-review

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
06-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Wow!
You guys are really fast!

My name is Fernando Ribeiro, I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm the Shaolin Training Developer, and was responsible both for programming and all visual stuff.

I was going to write this topic this morning, but since it's already here, I'm going to give you something new... Right now I'll record a video with me playing Shaoling Training, I'll show you some tricks and more about the game!

I'll post it here As soon it gets edited and uploaded.

Thanks for the support!
06-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey, welcome to Touch Arcade Fernando.

Shaolin Training is both fun and challenging. Also, as i've been playing it, there's really nothing else like it on a very well stocked AppStore!

I am looking forward to your video, and to playing the game more.

Richard

06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Here we go! Hope you like it! = )))
Please ImNoSuperMan, if you could do me 2 favors: add this video link to the first post ( yours ) and update the link to the itunes ( I've corrected the images, so that the display in horizontal and not vertical ).

Thank you a lot =)))

06-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Cool I have started to learn to use the cannons to my advantage, you're a bit better at it than me. On the first level where you start the big stack then jump up to help it topple over, that's awesome.