★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What do you want from a game's website?

02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
What do you want from a game's website?

Hi all, I'm working on a web site for a game we're about to release (not Firemint Real Racing, it's another completely different game ) so I thought I'd ask you what you think is most important in a game website?

We're making a gameplay video and of course the site will have screenshots, and a few tips about how to get a high score. Is there anything else we should include? This particular game is a casual action/strategy game, but I'm really interested to hear what you want from a site in general, rather than for this game in particular

All suggestions and feedback welcome!
02-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemint View Post
Hi all, I'm working on a web site for a game we're about to release (not Firemint Real Racing, it's another completely different game ) so I thought I'd ask you what you think is most important in a game website?

We're making a gameplay video and of course the site will have screenshots, and a few tips about how to get a high score. Is there anything else we should include? This particular game is a casual action/strategy game, but I'm really interested to hear what you want from a site in general, rather than for this game in particular

All suggestions and feedback welcome!
lots of videos and screenshots, accurate information, links to outside articles about the game(s), links to app store, appealing look, forum

02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Clear information on how to contact someone if you need help or questions answered. Also information on gameplay itself - maybe a copy of the help/instructions that are in the game would be suitable. So I can see this information without having to buy the game to find out how to play!
02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Many times in app store it highlights it has x number of this or that. You can do this function or this function but doesn't adequately describe how to play. Screenshots sometimes don't help either. Videos give a better idea but if one is seeing it the first time it's like a puzzle trying to figure out what the objective is or if known how to achieve it. This isn't most games / apps but does happen more often than I'd like and frustrates me to no end. So I guess if you have a clear explanation of gameplay on your website that's a bonus for me.
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
It should have a forum-like area where users can discuss the game and pass on tips and tricks that they have discovered during their time playing the game

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
givaways and contest are #1

this is my signature people get over it...
02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
givaways and contest are #1
Stop doing that. Anyways, I'm in for the forum. It's good to have one in-depth about a specific game.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I would love to see gameplay videos, what you are working on to improve them game, and links to some professional reviews. What you are doing to improve is BIG because it will give a little those who are sitting on the fence. Also have an option to e-mail you because a personal connection with the dev will make buying the game a personal obligation, but this only works if YOU RESPOND.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
02-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
#1 for me is soundtracks !

i love making ringtones, especially 8-bit ringtones

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
iPhone wallpapers. I don't imagine it would be too much work for someone to make a few wallpapers for us to download promoting the game.