★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordZinga!

06-12-2010, 08:49 PM
WordZinga!

MT Apps announced today that their first game, WordZinga!, is now available exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch. WordZinga! is a highly addictive word game in which players must provide a single word in order to solve a challenging puzzle.

In WordZinga!, the player is given a puzzle. The puzzle contains a certain number of blocks, some of them containing letters. These letters cannot be moved. The player must then provide any word in the English language that fits the number of letters required and contains the given letters in the correct position. The player is given a limited number of skips and hints, allowing them to simply move to the next word or be given a word that fits the puzzle, hopefully aiding the player in thinking of a new word. The longer a player can go without skipping, the higher the bonus will rise for each word.

"We've found that people have started playing it in groups rather than alone, so we're working on a networked version," said Steve McNatton. "The networked version will allow multiple people to work on the same puzzle as a team or go against each other in a race to complete the puzzles." The game contains five save slots, allowing for multiple players to save their games and continue later.

WordZinga! is now available for $1.99 in the U.S. and is available from Apple's App Store for iPhone or iPod Touch, or by visiting: http://wordzinga.com/

Please visit http://wordzinga.com/ for more WordZinga! information, including screenshots of the game, and http://www.mcnatton.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/MT-Apps/122061171163848 for more company information.

Please let us know what you think about the game. We love feedback, and since this is our first game we'd like any suggestions you may have for updates or newer versions.

Last edited by MT Apps; 06-12-2010 at 08:54 PM.
06-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Appinfo:

06-12-2010, 09:19 PM
We've had several people saying that they think a multiplayer version of this game should be released. What are your thoughts on doing a multiplayer game where players can work together or race each other?
06-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Apps View Post
We've had several people saying that they think a multiplayer version of this game should be released. What are your thoughts on doing a multiplayer game where players can work together or race each other?
Multiplayer versions are always good, but that aside what I really want to know right now is whether there are global leaderboards or OpenFeint or such. It doesn't seem so from the description, and that's pretty much the only thing stopping me from picking this up. The premise sounds interesting enough.
06-12-2010, 09:27 PM
As of right now there aren't, we are planning on releasing them soon in the next update hopefully. I tried to get that passed personally, but a few of the guys didn't want to do the work. We've heard a lot about getting global leaderboards going, so I do think we will do that in the next update. There is a leaderboard for just on the iPod or iPhone that you're using as of now.

Last edited by MT Apps; 06-12-2010 at 09:31 PM.
06-12-2010, 09:29 PM
As of right now there isn't anything along those lines, although we are planning on releasing them soon in the next update hopefully. We've heard a lot about getting global leaderboards going, so I do think we will do that in the next update. There is a leaderboard for just on the iPod or iPhone that you're using as of now. If you have any other suggestions please let us know and we'll put it on the list of things to update. It is definitely one of the better games I've played simply because of how challenging it is once you get to the higher levels.

Last edited by MT Apps; 06-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.
06-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
As of right now there aren't, we are planning on releasing them soon in the next update hopefully. I tried to get that passed personally, but a few of the guys didn't want to do the work. We've heard a lot about getting global leaderboards going, so I do think we will do that in the next update. There is a leaderboard for just on the iPod or iPhone that you're using as of now.
Big mistake in my opinion. Global leaderboards for something like this is fairly essential. As I said, I like the premise but no point in getting this if all I have to look forward to is beating my own score. I'll try to keep an eye out for the update but the way the app store moves will just as likely forget all about this. In the meantime, you've lost a sale, and I would wager not just the single one.
06-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Big mistake in my opinion. Global leaderboards for something like this is fairly essential. As I said, I like the premise but no point in getting this if all I have to look forward to is beating my own score. I'll try to keep an eye out for the update but the way the app store moves will just as likely forget all about this. In the meantime, you've lost a sale, and I would wager not just the single one.
We'll work on getting the update released as soon as possible. Thank you for the suggestion.
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Also, I do have a promocode if you would like to try the game out and let me know what you think of the gameplay, but I only have one at the moment that I can give up.
06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Also, I do have a promocode if you would like to try the game out and let me know what you think of the gameplay, but I only have one at the moment that I can give up.
I'd take you up on that if I could, but I'm in Australia so the codes don't work. I'm sure you won't have a shortage of takers though. I'll look out for the update. Good luck.