★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Peppers The Game (Update ready, now $0.99!!!)

06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Peppers The Game (Promo Codes Available, Send PM)

Click image for larger version

Name:	title6.png
Views:	0
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	19214

Our update has been approved by Apple. Peppers is ON SALE for $0.99! This sale will end on Jun 21st so get it now before it is too late.

Please leave some feedback and let us know you think about this update.

Promo codes are available for those willing to leave a review, please send PM.

More info: www.peppersthegame.com

Last edited by crescentia2010; 07-16-2010 at 06:44 PM.
06-13-2010, 12:01 PM
okay... picked this one up. I guess it's an itch that just had to be scratched

Left this on the Appstore:

Iíve been a fan of ďmatch-3sĒ ever since they came out as flash games on the net. I got settled into Bejeweled for a while but when my mother-in-law started getting addicted, I know it was time to move on to something hotter and spicier. Itís kinda hard to find good variations of this puzzle type but Peppers is one that I think is gonna stay on my device for a while.

Itís bright and vibrant - lovely use of colours and really has a fresher look than many others of the same ilk out there, all to the background of a very upbeat and funky soundtrack that doesn't grind. Oh yeah... love the sexy female voice that speaks in the background It's graphically very beautiful and it's clear that a lot of attention has been paid to each part of the game, from the menu screens to the images of the peppers themselves during the main gameplay.

The real appeal for me is that it has a variety of modes, of course there's the usual main course of matching 3 or more of the same "block" to progress through the game, but along with that, there are more strategic modes such as one that allows you to set up the board before hitting a 'fire' button that will rack up all those points. :-) Still loving getting a good cascade going to rack up the points. There's also a "same game" style mode that offers a refreshing break from the others. One more, a new one, called "inferno" that is a bit too hard to explain here but is neat and again adds more to the mix.

So, bottom line, it's all good to go and for this price, great graphics, good sound, a variety of modes, what's not to like? Recommended! ^_^
On a further note, I hope that it gets some social network integration - not fussed which one though. I do genuinely recommend this title and hope the developer incorporates online scoring for all the modes - great value for $0.99 and something a bit hot'n'spicy.

06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Social networking will be our next focus, we are trying to figure out if we should support OpenFeint or GameCenter first. Help us decide, please leave some feedback.
06-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Sweet, the update's out. Downloading now.

Edit: Inferno mode is awesome. Really innovative for a match 3.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan

Last edited by B34$T; 06-13-2010 at 05:18 PM.
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
So what do you guys think about the new update? We still have promo codes available, all you have to do is send a personal message (PM) and hopefully do us a favor and leave a simple review.
06-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Thank you for the code.
Downloading now...
Will write a review after I playing it.
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I realize it is a Monday but we are still looking for touchArcade users to ask for promo codes if the are willing to leave a review. Where is everybody at?
06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Send PM get free game!!!! Duh
06-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I would have asked for a code had I known they were coming! I bought it last night and am enjoying it. Much prefer "Hot Stuff" mode since I'm used to it, though "On Fire" is a neat mechanic that is new to me. Some really nice polish on this game. Thanks for making it universal.
06-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your purchase, I still have a few more codes for those willing to leave a review. So tell your friends to send me a PM, I just gave out another this morning.