★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CB Project
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Description:

Killing Zone is a survival zombie themed game that you have to take on missions where you will need to kill, rescue, and protect.
You play as Special Ops Agent, Max Shields the world's most fearless man in the world.
Kill as many zombies as possible with different types of weapons!
Protect and rescue the humans as you guide them into the spaceships headed towards Mars!
You are the human civilization's last hope! It's time to enter the Killing Zone!

Features:

- Non-Stop Zombie Killing Action with 4 different Missions; Kill Zombies, Rescue People from Zombies, Defend your Spaceships from Zombies and Send the Zombies of the Hell!
- Many Different Types of Zombies to Kill and Different forms of Attacks
- Quick and Addicting Game Play with Clean Animation!
- There are 5 different weapons; Knife, Gun, Machine Gun, Flamethrower, Laser Gun.
- Upgrade to a Heavy Duty Machine to Maximize your Killing Power
- Enhanced Controls and Ability to Shoot while moving Forward or Backwards
- 5 Free Levels to Kill Zombies, Rescue Humans and Defend your Spaceship!
- Beat the Game on Easy and Normal Mode

ppp79's comments:
Hi.

Killing Zone 1.1.0 update
#####################
Frame rate up
Game Speed Up
#####################

and

Lite ver open

1.1.0 : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/killing-zone/id374147414?mt=8
Lite ver : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/killing-zone-lite/id376518824?mt=8

Have a good time ~~
06-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I have a suggestion. Could you possibly make the character move faster in the next version or extend the playing field? It seems hard to flank the enemy and get a shot at them as the character movement is almost equal to the zombies. Also could you make the movement a bit smoother? Sometimes my fingers slide off the circle and I can't move properly.

Otherwise this is pretty fun. Everyone should check it out.

06-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the advice.
I will try eagerly.
06-13-2010, 09:44 AM
I tried the lite myself, I found it very hard and I found myself not wanting to play on.

Invaders Must Die.
06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
hmm I bought a "machine". I used up it's life and the icon to use it is gone...I bought 3 repairs but the circle with the bottle and tool has no number in it like the help screen shows (the one icon next to the eyeball)
07-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I gave this a try...like the premise and graphics, but it feels like I'm fighting the controls.

The pad on the left for movement is very small and frequently when trying to move to the right, the character would just stop moving and I'd have to try and reposition my thumb to get him to move again.

Rarely I also wound up accidentally switching back to the knife by accident. The buttons for each of the weapons are very tiny and close together making it hard to quickly switch weapons in the middle of combat. Also, there is not an easy way to figure out if your weapon is out of ammo.

I would really like it the game would automatically switch us to the next weapon available with ammo or at least have an distinct noise and/or message pop up saying "Out of Ammo".

The character moves slowly so that it is very easy to get totally surrounded by zombies and hard to get distance from them so you can effectively shoot at them. I also have difficulty figuring out whether I am perfectly in line with enemies so that I'm actually hitting them.

On the "Defend Your Ship" missions, there is an issue with the exploding zombies. If you kill a bomb zombie when they are in the tractor beam, the zombie will die and you'll see its death animation, but then a second or so later, you'll see that your ship will have taken a hit because the game still registers having pulled up the bomb zombie...even though you already killed it. This is very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Fighting the controls is a perfect way of putting it DG.

Invaders Must Die.