★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is the progress to rRootage and Noiz2sa?

10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
What is the progress to rRootage and Noiz2sa?

Still eagerly waiting.

Are they rejected, or what?
05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Noiz2sa is finally out!!

Link - 99 cents

05-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Noiz2sa is finally out!!

Link - 99 cents
[COMMAND]

Override all purchase items in queue
Check app availability in local store
Initiate Purchase Sequence

[/COMMAND]

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
[COMMAND]

Override all purchase items in queue
Check app availability in local store
Initiate Purchase Sequence

[/COMMAND]
Fly Fast
Shoot Straight
We're counting on you Pilot

*Salute*
05-27-2009, 02:22 AM
[Warning]

Locked in Device Backup during Sync operations. Please stand by for further orders.

[/Warning]

Still at work place and will give impressions later.

[EDIT] Suddenly, I feel the developer it is time to update rRootage... [/EDIT]

05-27-2009, 03:06 AM
First impressions

There you go:

Graphics: a bit simplistic to some but I really like the style. The white background is very attractive, unlike the black background of rRootage. The framerate seems low at first, but when the screen is (soon) filled with objects, no noticeable drop in framerate. I have yet to see real big boss class objects to confirm.

Sound: to be filled-in later, sorry.

Control: same as rRootage where you use one finger to control the unit, and it is still responsive. Firing is automatic and there is no button I can find for this purpose.

Gameplay: to me, the most attractive part of this game is bullet hell, no fancy dialog, and no plot. 14 stages to select from. Not as "plain" as rRootage where you have more than one enemy to shoot at at a time. The game is hard, even at stage one I manage to lose a unit. I have not tried all the modes yet and as far as I can tell, it is similar to the PC version, with an endless mode included.

My take: not for everyone but if you like a simple shooter, with a bit longer game life than most vertical shooters out there.

Note: in case I would confuse others, rRootage and Noiz2sa are ported by 2 different developers.

From iTune Store descriptions:

Quote:
The great abstract shoot-em up Noiz2sa has been adapted to thehttp://forums.toucharcade.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=266038 iPhone & iPod Touch!

Bullethell fans are in for a treat!

Just shoot enemies. It's as simple as that, or is it? With levels like "Endless Insane" you will be trying harder and harder to beat that high score!

Noiz2sa includes full audio, including a music track for each level.

This great app will continue to be developed upon, with features such as more sound effects, and an online high score chart. Get it at this introductory price while it lasts!

Thanks!

Last edited by currymutton; 05-27-2009 at 03:12 AM.
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM
It is not the same controls as rrootage. I don't get it, months later and rrootage still has the best control scheme for shmups.

This game has the annoying habit of following your finger wherever you put it.

Rrootage, on the other hand, will let you place your finger anywhere on the screen and control your ship without your ship being sucked to where your finger is like some kind of magnet.

It's really the best solution for a touch screen device, because you can reposition your finger anywhere at anytime and your ship will remain in the same spot.

I just don't get why no one else will incorporate these controls in their shooters.

Btw, this noise2sa port has a really low framerate, even without any enemies on the screen. Otherwise, it's a decent port.
05-27-2009, 07:45 AM
oh well. I had my port running at full speed and was gonna release it for free. Never mind then

Follow me on Twitter
Games/Ports I have on Appstore
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
Coming this year MiZoo 2, 2 untitled games in work
05-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
oh well. I had my port running at full speed and was gonna release it for free. Never mind then
woah woah woah

If you have something better then don't deny us shmup fans.
05-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoptic View Post

It's really the best solution for a touch screen device, because you can reposition your finger anywhere at anytime and your ship will remain in the same spot.

I just don't get why no one else will incorporate these controls in their shooters.
i don't get it either why many developers are destroying the controls of their games with this method.

i actually feel the urge to hit them in the face for their blindness^^