★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ferrari GT Online, Will it ever come?

02-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Ferrari GT Online, Will it ever come?

It said directly in the description the next update would include online. The game came out in December 08' and several updates followed with no online game play yet. Has anyone heard anything in regards too the addition of an online mode to the game.

I beat the game and would really like another challenge, it's a really fun game.
02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Even if an online update came out, it would probably only be for local wifi.

02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avizzv92 View Post
It said directly in the description the next update would include online. The game came out in December 08' and several updates followed with no online game play yet. Has anyone heard anything in regards too the addition of an online mode to the game.

I beat the game and would really like another challenge, it's a really fun game.
Local Wi-Fi's possible. The reason online isn't is because everybody has different internet speeds. For example, I take the lead (I have fast internet). To you, it looks like I'm still behind you as you cross the finish line (you have slow internet). See the problem?
02-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Local Wi-Fi's possible. The reason online isn't is because everybody has different internet speeds. For example, I take the lead (I have fast internet). To you, it looks like I'm still behind you as you cross the finish line (you have slow internet). See the problem?
Huh?? What are you on about?????????
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
The difference in internet speed shouldn't be that large of a problem, other games on the iphone/ipod touch managed to pull off online without much of a problem. I mean I used to play Mario Kart on the DS all the time online without any issues what so ever.
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
its a problem in some PC games.. so yes it wouuld be a problem as Kamazar pointed out.
02-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Yes I could be a problem if they don't do it right but if they do it should be fine
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
This starts and ends with a terrible understanding of IT. This is why I have a job
02-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb1975 View Post
This starts and ends with a terrible understanding of IT. This is why I have a job
Agree with you .Ever played online games on PC?. Counter strike for example. There is lag in online game but not so much that it makes it unplayable. Morever i play armagrddon squadron online in swedish servers. I only get lag but i still can play.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st

Last edited by Slayer_megadeth; 02-25-2009 at 12:31 AM.
02-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Everyone has always had different online speeds, doesn't stop consoles and pc racing games. Unless they are on about using your mobile phone provider to use their wap or something.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab