★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 167 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: BRAND NEW UPDATE! BE A PART OF THE BIGGEST ADVENTURE OF THE YEAR. TOY STORY 3, THE OFFICIAL APP!

(NOTE: iPod touch users will need Wi-Fi connection.)

Discover new toys, new activities, and new adventures with the Toy Story 3 app! Download a toy box-full of free and premium games, pins, and greetings. You can also launch the official Toy Story 3 mobile website from inside the app and get the latest movie info, watch trailers, and much more!

Theres a whole lineup of Toy Story fun!

Free
WOODYS WILD RIDE
Go on a heroic mission in Woodys Wild Ride! The evil Dr. Porkchop has a score to settle! Ride like the wind with Woody and his trusty steed Bullseye to stop him!
WOODYS GREETINGS
Giddyup partner and create a personal greeting from Woody. Choose from a list of names and answer a series of fun questions that describe yourself. Make your own Woody Ringtones, mobile greeting cards and more. Your words, Woodys voice! Go to www.stargreetz.com/toystory
TOY STORY PINS
Collect virtual Toy Story Pins by unlocking achievements and earning Pin Points to download additonal pins!
TOY STORY COMMUNITY
Share your Toy Story 3 game score and achievements with friends. The Community includes a Buddy List, game leaderboards, achievements, virtual pins and more!

Premium
TOY STORY MANIA $4.99 USD
Test your skills in these zany and fun carnival games. Inspired by the Toy Story Mania! attraction at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, this critically acclaimed arcade game now includes Bluetooth multiplayer, new achievements and a set of collectable virtual pins!
TOY STORY 3: OPERATION CAMOUFLAGE $0.99 USD
In this hidden object game Sarge will guide you through 20 missions in four different drop zones. You can zoom in and out or use hints to help locate items. Play at your own pace in Easy mode or play with a timer in Hard mode. Includes stunning graphics that support iPhone 4s Retina display, and this game is a universal app so it works great for both iPhone and iPad!

Check back for updates. New toys, new games, and new activities coming soon! With the Toy Story 3 app for your iPhone and iPod touch, NO TOY IS LEFT BEHIND!

Play beyond the movie with Toy Story 3 The Video Game, now available. http://disney.go.com/toystory/#/products/video-games

****************** DISNEY MAKES MORE GREAT APPS ******************

Toy Story Mania, Phineas and Ferb Arcade, Disney Fairies Fly, Handy Manny Workshop, My Baby Einstein, Split/Second, Alice In Wonderland, JellyCar 3, and many more.

See all the Disney Apps at http://www.itunes.com/waltdisney
06-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Surprisingly unexpected.

hi

06-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh cool. It looks kind of interesting

Guess I was a fool to think it might have been a throwback to the Toy Story on the Genesis when I first saw the name, though

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
06-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to Greensheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Oh cool. It looks kind of interesting

Guess I was a fool to think it might have been a throwback to the Toy Story on the Genesis when I first saw the name, though
My god do you know how awesome that would be!

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence
06-15-2010, 02:31 AM
FREE? Wasn't expecting that at all.

Invaders Must Die.
06-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Uh... Going by the app description you don't get any "gameplay" for free. More like, download the "shell" then pay for the fun stuff. A la carte. At $4-$5 per minigame. But no worries, it's not like your kids will want to actually play the games, I'm sure creating a personal greeting from Woody will keep them fully occupied. Just when you think you've seen every scam in the book...
06-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Uh... Going by the app description you don't get any "gameplay" for free. More like, download the "shell" then pay for the fun stuff. A la carte. At $4-$5 per minigame. But no worries, it's not like your kids will want to actually play the games, I'm sure creating a personal greeting from Woody will keep them fully occupied. Just when you think you've seen every scam in the book...
Another commercial trap ! pfff
06-15-2010, 05:44 AM
I have the first Toy Story game and it's still on my phone well done game. Sounds like the Toy Story Mania DLC is the same. Hopefully someone will TOFTT and let us know if it is identical or is different/improved in some way. I'm hoping the new version 'chains' the different play areas together rather than keeping them separate as the first app does.
06-15-2010, 10:34 AM
4-5$ per minigame? What a scam (18$ if you wanna play the whole game WTF!!!)
06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Sorry Gabrien (and other folks), but I fail to see the scam. First, you could glean all the information you delivered straight from the description. As a parent, you can easily see what you're getting into. Seems to me that the presence of "undisclosed information" is crucial for something to be labeled a scam -- otherwise one's engaging in empty hyperbole.

Second, how do people know that it's $4 or $5 per minigame. The first game described could be very well be a full game (nothing in the description says otherwise). The second one is clearly a collection of mini-games. It's possible that these games (or collections) are terrible and not worth the money. But we just don't have the information to make that assessment.

As to the whole "rope them in with free content, the charge them more later" aspect of the deal, isn't that how every lite version works?

I'm curious enough to pick this up later today -- my son has been eyeing our neighbors Woody the Cowboy doll, and even though he's not old enough for the movie, this may be fun for him.