★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Relica Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Elemental Defense is a castle defense game, where you must use every element at your disposal to stop an oncoming wave of enemies.

Use the basic elements provided, or combine them together in a range of different ways to create more powerful and deadly attacks.

Features:
-A single level with unlimited rounds, so see how far you can get.
-5 different elements to use or combine.
-4 different super attacks.
-5 different types of enemies, including fire, water, earth and air.
-Unlimited upgrades can be bought for each element.
-Online leaderboards using Open Feint.
-Local scoreboard for offline viewing.
-Achievements, both online and offline.
-Use super attacks to change the state of the ground, for example creating a flood, bringing new enemies with new strengths and weaknesses.
-New in v1.1: 5 Special Abilities to use.

You will need to master the elements, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of each enemy if you have any hope of surviving the countless waves.

There will be several slots available for new special abilities, and everyone can contribute to what these will be by visiting the forums at Touch Arcade, where you can also provide input and ideas for future updates.

touchDev192's comments:
Hey everyone! I'm happy to announce that 'Elemental Defense' has now been approved and is ready for sale!! It is also currently being featured in the 'New and Noteworthy' section of the 'Games' section of the app store!!!

Here are the details and a movie below!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, or suggestions for improvements! I'm more than happy to respond to user feedback! I'm also trying to get idea's from everyone about any new spells you would like to see added, so far the list of new spells is:

-Fire Shower
-Ice Shower
(both of which would have ice-balls or fireballs raining from the sky)
-Black hole
-Lightning strikes

User suggested spells:
-Meteor Shower
-Tornado
-Pool of Acid
-Super Nova
-Minefield
(wasn't sure whether to include the names of the user's that suggested these, so if you want your name shown, then please let me know!)

These will be added in free updates!

You can also view the website for more information here:
http://www.relicagames.co.uk/index.html
06-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I like to see this game there. It seems interesting! I want to try 'Dark Magic' in it))

06-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anat View Post
I like to see this game there. It seems interesting! I want to try 'Dark Magic' in it))
Thanks! If you do try it, then let me know what you think of it! I'm more than happy to try and improve any of the effects if you don't like them. Also let me know if there is any kind of magical ability you'd like me to include!
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Game Impressions

The premise of the game is that you are a lone mage defending a castle using your magical mastery of the elements. The elements are fire, water, air, earth, and magic.

Gameplay is pretty straightforward. Tap on an element to cast a spell with it and then tap an incoming enemy to cast your spell at it. The spell is launched at the point where you tap on the ground and not at the specific enemy so you will want to aim.

From this simple mechanic, you have quite a number of choices. Tap a single element up to 3 times to launch a bigger spell or start combining different elements together for lots of different combo effects. By combining elements you launch a spell with effects not possible with just a single element like combining air and water to make ice and freezing enemies in place. There is a handy in-game tutorial that shows all of these basics and a really nice listing of all the elemental combinations and their effects on the developer's website.

You'll have to be careful as you cannot simply spam a favorite attack. Use an element too much and it will go into cooldown removing it from your arsenal temporarily. Also, you will encounter various monsters and some of them are immune to a specific element and any combination made with that element.

When things seem overwhelming, you can cast magical super attack to kill everything on screen. Tap four times on a single element - fire, earth, air, or water - and a devastating attack is launched, but this is not without consequences. This will change the elemental state of the world for a period of time and you have to fight off new monsters. Devastate your enemies with an attack of fire and you'll then be facing demons who are all immune to fire based attacks. Drown them in a deluge and you will have to fend off aqautic enemies that are immune to water. The only element that does not have this super attack behavior is magic; if you tap 4 times on the magic element it will heal your castle's hit points to full health. But be careful because this has a very long cooldown so use it only in the direst of circumstances.

As you kill enemies, you'll earn gold to purchase upgrades. When you have acquired enough gold to spend, the Upgrade button at the upper-right turns green to let you know. You can click on it anytime it is available to purchase upgrades.

There are OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements. After you die, you be shown a nice statistics screen showing all kinds of info like the number of enemies you killed, how many times you used an element, how many combo attacks you used, and how many bosses you killed among other things. There is a nice in-game guide showing you the different monster types and their strengths and weaknesses.

Overall, this is a fun game with a surprising amount of strategy involved. You'll have to think quickly and launch the best spells you can with the mana you have on hand or your castle will be quickly overwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
06-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for that Devilishly Good!!

Also just to let you all know I'll be working on the first update in the next few weeks, along side doing work on my second game. So I'll post here with updates and images when I have something to show you, and maybe a short video to show off some of the new spells that will be available. So if you want any of your own ideas for spells to be included then now is the time to say something!

Also it would be great to hear some more feedback if anyone has tried the game!
06-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey again!
I recently noticed that this game was featured in the 'New and Noteworthy' section in iTunes (although not any more, so I'm guessing it was yesterday)... Anyway it made me quite happy to see it there! So felt like giving out some promo codes to get a few more people playing it (if anyone wants any!!). So if you would like one, then please post here, and I'll pm them to you! (I'm giving out 5 for now!)

My Released Games:
GeoVertex - Game Creator!
FairyTwists Hydron Flux
Elemental Defense - Previously featured in 'New and Noteworthy' and 'Whats hot'
Twitter: @RelicaGames
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I'd like to try it please
06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Please send me a promo code
06-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchDev192 View Post
Hey again!
I recently noticed that this game was featured in the 'New and Noteworthy' section in iTunes (although not any more, so I'm guessing it was yesterday)... Anyway it made me quite happy to see it there! So felt like giving out some promo codes to get a few more people playing it (if anyone wants any!!). So if you would like one, then please post here, and I'll pm them to you! (I'm giving out 5 for now!)
I'll take one please.
06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Id like a code please

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.