★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: rocket5studios
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Kids & adults love Small Space!
How BIG can you get? The object of the game is to make your ship as big as possible by eating the little green guys (Yummies) before delivering them to the yellow space station (Hungry). Each time you collect a Yummy, your ship gets a little bigger. The bigger you are when you reach Hungry, the more points you'll get!

Difficulty scales to your own skill level:
Young players can easily collect a few Yummies and return them to Hungry.
Advanced players can try to collect lots more Yummies to score huge points!

Touch the screen to send your ship to that point. Drag your finger around the screen for finer control. Touch your ship to make it stop in place.

Small Space is OpenFeint Enabled with 31 Leaderboards and over 30 Achievements!

Features:
Fun for little kids and adults too!
HD Graphics!
Cool dynamic ambient audio system
In game stats
OpenFeint Leaderboards and Achievements
1-finger gameplay
Scalable difficulty for any skill level
30 increasingly challenging levels

Follow us on Twitter @rocket5studios
06-15-2010, 10:52 AM
You can now play Small Space on a much bigger screen!

This game is a great big game of Chicken...how many yummies are you willing to collect before you cash them in? One of the interesting aspects of this game is how you can play it as safe as you want but playing it safe means an incredibly dinky score. Grab 3 yummies and dock with the base for 75 points (3 x 25), whereas if you managed to collect 30 yummies before docking you'd score 9,000 points (30 x 300)! The more yummies you get the bigger you'll get and therefore have a much more difficult time avoiding both the red meanies and the black holes. Bump into a black hole and you'll be deflated right back to your initial size and all collected yummies will be lost. While this isn't fatal it will both have you starting from scratch and the black hole will now convert to whatever size you were when you died so if it catches you when you had some 40 yummies that tiny black hole will not cover almost half the screen (good luck in avoiding that for the rest of the level). Also, even if so big you almost fill up the screen, one tiny red menay bumping you will end the game.

So how big are you willing to get?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 06-15-2010 at 11:03 AM.

06-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
You can now play Small Space on a much bigger screen!
LOL! Title contradicts itself (small ---- XL) Still love the game though. I have wishlisted it since the iPod version is awesome.
06-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
LOL! Title contradicts itself (small ---- XL) Still love the game though. I have wishlisted it since the iPod version is awesome.
Same exact game but a bit easier to maneuver on the big screen (and less issues with your fingers blocking key areas).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Same exact game but a bit easier to maneuver on the big screen (and less issues with your fingers blocking key areas).
Sweet, thanks for sharing!
06-18-2010, 09:16 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
On sale for $.99
06-18-2010, 09:34 AM
The iPhone version was (is?) free. It looks like the same proportionate size and nothing different at all. Should have been a universal app. Plus it plays perfectly on double pixel mode, much better than on the iPhone. Is there even a remote good reason to buy this than just run the iPhone version on double pixel mode? Yes it's only 99 cents, but with all the iPad apps I'm getting it all adds up, and my bill is usually much bigger than I thought cuz of the "oh it's only 99 cents" "eh, it's only 2 doll hairs". Then the bill is like $50, the, $32, etc. I don't see a good reason to get the HD version tbqh
06-18-2010, 09:41 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma32 View Post
The iPhone version was (is?) free. It looks like the same proportionate size and nothing different at all. Should have been a universal app. Plus it plays perfectly on double pixel mode, much better than on the iPhone. Is there even a remote good reason to buy this than just run the iPhone version on double pixel mode? Yes it's only 99 cents, but with all the iPad apps I'm getting it all adds up, and my bill is usually much bigger than I thought cuz of the "oh it's only 99 cents" "eh, it's only 2 doll hairs". Then the bill is like $50, the, $32, etc. I don't see a good reason to get the HD version tbqh
Thanks for the info, grabbing the iphone version now (it's free).
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Thanks for the info, grabbing the iphone version now (it's free).
Me too
06-18-2010, 10:13 AM
so....is this touch control or accelerometer control?