Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Publisher: Marco Mazzoli
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 12.1 MB
  • Version: 2.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (4)
App description: New: iPad retina graphics, achievements, and new playable character skins.

Switch between portrait and landscape modes, at any point.

Spirit for iPad features a larger arena than the iPhone/iPod version, with many more on screen enemies.

Simple, original, and addictive. No shooting. No on-screen controls. Just slide your finger and Spirit will mimic your movements.

This update is a big thanks to everyone that has picked up Spirit. *You* have helped to continue it's development. Thank you! Please continue to rate updates if you like the game.

Check out what people are saying about it:

"Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad

"If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade

"Spirit is a budget gem you dont want to miss" - TouchGen

"One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo

"The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com

"Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times

"Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered

Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.

Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.

Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.

Check it out in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMh4DIq3CZk

Support/Comments:
hello@spiritapp.com

Spirit website:
http://spiritapp.com

eggzbacon's comments:
Video from AppBank

06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
hmm very tempting. Love the iPhone version. The iPhone version actually plays pretty nice on the pad which is why i am hesitant to drop another $3. Does look very nice though and love the extra space on the screen.

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh man, I've been waiting for this, but I just spent $5 on Geometry Wars. This will have to wait a few more days now.

It looks really, really awesome. I love the original version.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
hmm very tempting. Love the iPhone version. The iPhone version actually plays pretty nice on the pad which is why i am hesitant to drop another $3. Does look very nice though and love the extra space on the screen.
My feelings exactly.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Ooooh, does anyone have both Geo wars and Spirit and can tell me which one is better? I also just bought g-wars and this was going to be an insta-buy for me.
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Ooooh, does anyone have both Geo wars and Spirit and can tell me which one is better? I also just bought g-wars and this was going to be an insta-buy for me.
I just bought Geometry Wars Touch and played it on my iPad. It is very excellent. I have Spirit for my iPhone. It is also a great game. While the art design is similar the games play differently enough that I would suggest both. Have you played Zoo Lasso for iPhone? Spirit has the same mechanics as that game where you have to safely draw lines around your enemy. Spirit is done really well on iPhone. I expect it to be just as great on iPad. I'll definitely get it later this week.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I just bought Geometry Wars Touch and played it on my iPad. It is very excellent. I have Spirit for my iPhone. It is also a great game. While the art design is similar the games play differently enough that I would suggest both. Have you played Zoo Lasso for iPhone? Spirit has the same mechanics as that game where you have to safely draw lines around your enemy. Spirit is done really well on iPhone. I expect it to be just as great on iPad. I'll definitely get it later this week.
Actually that sounds pretty cool, thanks for the quick summary. I guess I will also still be getting it but I think I'll wait a few days too.
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
This was supposed to be $1
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
This was supposed to be $1
where do you see that?

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
where do you see that?
in the upcoming ipad games the dev said it would only be $1

looks like he edited the post so he could charge $2.99 instead.