Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: What would you like to see next
New game mode: Non randomized completable score challenge 14 22.22%
New game mode: unlockable quickfire mini challenge stages 11 17.46%
Pickups in existing game mode 6 9.52%
New enemies 12 19.05%
Split screen 2 player (iPad version only) 29 46.03%
Retina display support (iPhone 4 version only of course) 11 17.46%
More music 3 4.76%
Direct control option, as well as relative 11 17.46%
Local (non-OpenFeint) high score board 6 9.52%
Achievements 19 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
eggzbacon eggzbacon is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 5,811
Default Spirit for iPad (by Marco Mazzoli)

Video from AppBank

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Last edited by eggzbacon; 06-21-2010 at 10:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM
heffdog116 heffdog116 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
hmm very tempting. Love the iPhone version. The iPhone version actually plays pretty nice on the pad which is why i am hesitant to drop another $3. Does look very nice though and love the extra space on the screen.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM
CzarCastic CzarCastic is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Default

Oh man, I've been waiting for this, but I just spent $5 on Geometry Wars. This will have to wait a few more days now.

It looks really, really awesome. I love the original version.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
pluto6 pluto6 is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
hmm very tempting. Love the iPhone version. The iPhone version actually plays pretty nice on the pad which is why i am hesitant to drop another $3. Does look very nice though and love the extra space on the screen.
My feelings exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
songbird songbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,454
Default

Ooooh, does anyone have both Geo wars and Spirit and can tell me which one is better? I also just bought g-wars and this was going to be an insta-buy for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM
CzarCastic CzarCastic is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Ooooh, does anyone have both Geo wars and Spirit and can tell me which one is better? I also just bought g-wars and this was going to be an insta-buy for me.
I just bought Geometry Wars Touch and played it on my iPad. It is very excellent. I have Spirit for my iPhone. It is also a great game. While the art design is similar the games play differently enough that I would suggest both. Have you played Zoo Lasso for iPhone? Spirit has the same mechanics as that game where you have to safely draw lines around your enemy. Spirit is done really well on iPhone. I expect it to be just as great on iPad. I'll definitely get it later this week.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
songbird songbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I just bought Geometry Wars Touch and played it on my iPad. It is very excellent. I have Spirit for my iPhone. It is also a great game. While the art design is similar the games play differently enough that I would suggest both. Have you played Zoo Lasso for iPhone? Spirit has the same mechanics as that game where you have to safely draw lines around your enemy. Spirit is done really well on iPhone. I expect it to be just as great on iPad. I'll definitely get it later this week.
Actually that sounds pretty cool, thanks for the quick summary. I guess I will also still be getting it but I think I'll wait a few days too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
loves2spoon loves2spoon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,351
Default

This was supposed to be $1
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
heffdog116 heffdog116 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
This was supposed to be $1
where do you see that?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
loves2spoon loves2spoon is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
where do you see that?
in the upcoming ipad games the dev said it would only be $1

looks like he edited the post so he could charge $2.99 instead.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent