★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ludia
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 565.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: WHERES WALDO? THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY JUST FOR iPAD. Your favourite game is now enhanced with stunning new HD graphics PLUS updated and exclusive Multi-Touch features, including a new Party Game mode where you play against friends on the same device! Experience the game that rocketed to #1 in 9 different countries! The first game in the Wheres Waldo? franchise, Wheres Waldo? The Fantastic Journey, has sold millions of copies around the world.

Reviewers rave:
**App Advice: ...the best Hidden object game in the App Store.
**GameZebo: ...excels in its fun game play, story, graphics, voice talent and humor.
**Touch Gen: If you are looking for a polished hidden object game you cant go wrong with Wheres Waldo? The Fantastic Journey.
**App Bite: ...good job with bringing the Waldo experience in a truly interactive way...

NEW FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO iPAD:
NEW Party Mode where players compete on the same device to see who finds their hidden objects first.
NEW Eye-popping HD Graphics: Designed and optimized for the iPADs advanced capabilities.
ADDITIONAL QUESTS: Each world now has more of the game play that you love.
EXPANDED VOICING of beloved characters: Waldo, Wenda and Whitebeard come to life as they communicate with you.

Additional Features:

Wacky Paint: Splatters of colorful paint fill the screen.
Frosty: Freezes the search window by encasing it in ice.
Thunder Clap: Makes the whole screen shake.
Upside Down: Flips the search upside down.
Sparkly: Keep an eye on twinkle and glitter effects to detect items.

Enjoy the ultimate search and find adventure for all ages!A must for your iPad. Get it now!

*Rebooting your iPad will fix loading issues a few users have experienced. Enjoy!*
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Glad I held off on the iPhone game. This looks like the perfect way to play. This is definitely on my wish list.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
569 mb???????

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
569 mb???????
Glad I bought the 64GB iPad.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
569 mb???????
Seriously? WOW!
06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I want this but damn that is big, I will have to think about it.
06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I find all the hidden object games get very boring but the multiplayer sounds really fun. Any impressions of the multiplayer mode?
06-16-2010, 11:03 AM
On sale for $2.99. I will pick it up.
06-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
On sale for $2.99. I will pick it up.
Thanks for pointing out the sale. Its tempting but I think I want Spirit HD more. Can you try out the multiplayer and post impressions? And how many levels are in the game?
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Thanks for pointing out the sale. Its tempting but I think I want Spirit HD more. Can you try out the multiplayer and post impressions? And how many levels are in the game?
I am going to grab Spirit HD as well

Okay here are some quick impressions.

After downloading, I have no idea why the file is so huge. The game looks like you would expect it to, so don't expect anything special. Voice work is good and the art work seems to be true to the original.

There is loading (10-15 seconds) between every mode you select. Not a huge deal but riddiculous for how big the game is and how little goes on in game. Scrolling over the area works fine but could be smoothed out a little. I also think that the graphics could be much sharper as well.

There seem to be three modes, two of which are single player and then a party mode that is two players. Single player seems to be an adventure with a little story and a world map but you are basically just looking for things, which of course is what the game is about. Party mode is a split screen mode set up like tug of war. As you find an item your side pulls on the rope and tries to pull the other team off. There are some power ups as well.

I have young kids so I will see if they like this or not. This should be a much smaller download but the price is probably okay for what you get.