★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Geometry Wars: Touch

06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Geometry Wars: Touch

Game is now universal and now $4.99. Kind of a low blow for those of us iPad owners that bought the game at $10. Still happy with purchase, but they should have launched a sep. game for the iPod/iPhone

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

Last edited by arn; 06-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Finally. God knows what took them a whole 2 months.

I will admit I'm surprised by the price drop too - I was sure they'd stay at $10, (and perhaps release a lite version with only 1 of the modes). I'm betting it's temporary though.

06-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Awesome. I recently got my iPad, so I just decided to get this game. I can confirm that the controls have been updated. You now have the option to change how you use the bomb. You can have the center button, double tap, or an outer ring around the right hand control stick.

Based on the few minutes that I played, I don't see how anybody can complain about the controls now. They are really excellent.

I, for one, am happy for the sale and the Universal app. I happily put the game on my iPhone as well.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Awesome. I recently got my iPad, so I just decided to get this game. I can confirm that the controls have been updated. You now have the option to change how you use the bomb. You can have the center button, double tap, or an outer ring around the right hand control stick.

Based on the few minutes that I played, I don't see how anybody can complain about the controls now. They are really excellent.

I, for one, am happy for the sale and the Universal app. I happily put the game on my iPhone as well.
Fixed. Did a search and found way too many threads on this game

This one is by far the best and very informative. Thanks for pointing it out!!
06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
How does it look/play on iPhone? Do graphics scale well? what are the control options?
06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
4.99 is the right price. This would have never sold on the iPhone for 9.99, IMO. I did not believe that Activision would port this to the iPhone simply because I didn't believe that Activision would be willing to sell it this price. Same reason why I believe Mirror's Edge has not materialized on the iPhone. Mirror's Edge may not sell well on the iPhone at a price that is much higher than 4.99 & EA, based upon the amount of work they put into Mirror's Edge, may not want to sell for that. Activision has surprised me here though.
06-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I'd be curious to hear how this runs on first gen devices

Check out Spark It Up, an award-winning music/action game with my music!
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
It's on sale for 50% of the normal price. Although knowing Activision, I doubt it'll last more than a couple of days.
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
After trying it out on the phone for a bit, there's no doubt that this game is really better suited for the iPad. Maybe I'm spoiled, but this game just plays so much better on the iPad.
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
After trying it out on the phone for a bit, there's no doubt that this game is really better suited for the iPad. Maybe I'm spoiled, but this game just plays so much better on the iPad.
1+ but if you haven't played a dual stick on the iPad yet, I think it would still be a pretty good game.