★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Canadian itunes card in US?

06-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Canadian itunes card in US?

Okay I'm from the US and I recently received a Canadian itunes card as a gift, can I use this to buy apps? And if I do will it mess with my ipod or what?

Gameloft ID: VoN_Athlos Plus+ ID: Twizzy420 Warfare Inc ID: Athlos
06-16-2010, 09:13 AM
You need to make a CAN account to be able to redeem the card.

Trading Contra Evolution,TweetBot,Bastion ,Bloons TD5 and Sonic CD for Amazon Gift Cards

06-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNeI View Post
You need to make a CAN account to be able to redeem the card.
And if that didn't upset you enough then you will be even more pissed to know that Apple does not allow Canadians to use gift cards to purchase Apps so you can only use it for music or movies.
06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
And if that didn't upset you enough then you will be even more pissed to know that Apple does not allow Canadians to use gift cards to purchase Apps so you can only use it for music or movies.
A revolution :O Starting May 27th apps are now purchasable with a Canadian account. I've tried it, it works perfectly and now I can just go to the nearest corner store without using my credit card I can't believe no one announced this yet. http://news.iphoneworld.ca/inews/App...+work+for+apps

Playing: [Chaos Rings] [CoD: Zombies] [LASW] [GTA: Chinatown Wars] [CBNK 2] [THPS2] [Cubed Rally Racer]
OF: cifang
Plus+: cifang
06-18-2010, 06:13 PM
There was a thread about that when it first happened as many couldn't believe it!
06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Haha, I didn't believe my friend either when he told me that it worked... but I got around to it.

Playing: [Chaos Rings] [CoD: Zombies] [LASW] [GTA: Chinatown Wars] [CBNK 2] [THPS2] [Cubed Rally Racer]
OF: cifang
Plus+: cifang