★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Big changes for Depict at the end of the month!

06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Big changes for Depict at the end of the month!

In our continuing quest to find the best format for Depict, the next update will be a universal app with support for all iDevices, including iPhone 4. We’re also unlocking all the features and doing away with the in-app purchases in favor of a $0.99 price point. Version 1.5 will be available at the end of the month as a free update to existing Depict owners.

We’re very excited about this release because we have alot in store for Depict next month. We’ll be issuing an announcement a bit later with more details about upcoming features and partnerships which we think will make Depict a household name.

If you’re a Depict HD owner, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Make sure you download Depict for free before the end of the month so you won’t have to pay to continue getting updates once the price changes. Anyone who fails to upgrade in time can email us and we’ll make sure everyone is taken care of. If you don’t want to upgrade, that’s fine too. You’ll be able to use Depict HD for the foreseeable future.

And for those of you that have no idea what Depict even is:

Depict is a global multiplayer pictionary game powered by OpenFeint. You can play against your OF friends and strangers from around the world.

The major difference from other pictionary games in the store is that the gameplay is much easier and fast paced. Instead of having to type out your answers in you simply choose from a list. We also use a great pixel-art style to even the playing field between really amazing artists and Depict noobs. A car is a car is a car when you bring it all the way down to pixels

Other features include:
✓ Each game is quick and easy to play in just 5 rounds; making it the most fast & furious draw-and-guess multiplayer game in the store
✓ Play in global matches against strangers, or private matches with your OpenFeint friends
✓ Solo Play: you don't have to wait for a friend to join you - you can play a guessing-only game on your own
✓ Express yourself by changing your avatar to make faces at other players; smile, frown, laugh, and shoot cheaters the stink eye
✓ 40 colors to choose from for the best pictionary experience
✓ Easily add new friends while playing
✓ Reward players with stars for good drawings and punish cheaters by blowing the whistle on them
✓ OpenFeint achievements & leaderboards

The update at the end of the month will also unlock the Custom Avatar Creator as well as the Lightning Round game-type where you competitively try to guess as many drawings correctly as possible in a min.

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook

Last edited by mitrezom; 06-16-2010 at 12:55 PM.
06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Universal! Awesome!

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
06-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Great news

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Send a message via ICQ to putermcgee
i don't play this all the time, but when i do, i love it. i'm looking forward to the added features in the next update! i sometimes play chiradium, but i like depict a lot more.
07-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Apparently it was removed from the App Store due to a bug on some devices. Can't wait 'til it's back and the new update is out!
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Update is out!! v1.6 fixes the crashing issue.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/depict/id340772215?mt=8

James Jacoby - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Multiplayer Drawing & Guessing Game. Get Depict
Chuck the Ball - a unique action puzzle game. Get Chuck on iTunes
Ms. Chuck the Ball - new levels and gameplay! Get Ms. Chuck on iTunes