★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Aki Mahjong was designed specifically for your iPad, allowing you to enjoy Mahjong Solitaire anywhere.

Combining the ancient Chinese game of Mahjong with an enchanting journey across Japan, Aki is easy to learn even if you still haven't mastered chopsticks, so don't hesitate to dive right in.

The principle is simple: you have a number of ivory tiles arranged on a beautiful Japanese backdrop. Your goal is to make all of the tiles disappear by matching them to similar tiles.

Aki is a casual game you can pick up and play whenever you want, yet dismiss quickly to surf the web or send a message. When you're ready to resume, tap the Aki icon and you're back where you left off!

AMBROSIA SOFTWARE, INC.
Visit us at AmbrosiaSW.com
Follow us on twitter.com/AmbrosiaSW
Find us on facebook.com/AmbrosiaSW

We can't respond here, but we WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!

Good or bad, we'd like to hear from you. Please click the support link above to contact us concerning any bugs, questions, suggestions or comments you may have. You can also go to:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/support/intouch/

This will also allow us to gather more information from you as needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

pluto6's comments:
This is another really nice Mahjong solitaire rendition.

I have both Moonlight Mahjong, and also Shanghai Mahjong as well, and they all their nice features.

Aki Mahjong is nice since you have to beat levels in order to advance to the next ones. There are 4 different difficulties - Easy, Medium, Hard, and Untimed (I have not tried untimed, so I am not sure how hard it is). But, easy is pretty easy so you don't really have to worry about not being able to unlock the other levels.

Additionally, there are a bunch of "Bonus Levels" that are unlocked at the beginning, and are just there for playing. The backgrounds of this one are beautiful. You can't change aspect so sometimes grabbing a tile can be tricky especially if it right above one that is highlighted, but generally no problems. On sale until June 18. I highly recommend this for Mahjong Solitaire lovers. Nothing particularly fancy, just extremely well done.

This is also by the makers of the popular Mondo Solitaire - which is also on sale.

06-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Just bought it...It's ok, it's an average Mahjong Solitaire game. So far the best one I've tried is Epic Mahjong HD...good graphics and interface, and even has it's own level creator.
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Just bought it...It's ok, it's an average Mahjong Solitaire game. So far the best one I've tried is Epic Mahjong HD...good graphics and interface, and even has it's own level creator.
Thanks for the tip on Epic - I am getting it. I think that overall Shanghai Mahjong is probably the best - has lots of different tile sets as well as continued new levels. I don't think that I would ever take the time to create levels - that seems like it would be incredibly painful...

But, it looks nice, so I will give it a try. I like Aki because it is very simple to get into the game, has very nice backgrounds, and works very well. Also, having some goals (like unlocking levels) helps to keep interest alive...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer