★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Previously featured in "New and Noteworthy" (Monster RPG 2) and "What's Hot" (Monster RPG 2 Lite)

Translated to many languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (European) and Spanish.

Check out the trailer and other videos on Youtube! Search for "Monster RPG 2".

Monster RPG 2 is a fantasy quest that spans continents and worlds and lets you take a simple villager and develop her into a hero with the power to save her world. The next instalment in the classic Monster RPG series, Monster RPG 2 is a turn-based role-playing game with enough variety, plot twists, secrets, and scenery to keep even the old school players coming back for more. If you loved the 16 bit classics on systems like SNES, you'll love this game. If you've never heard of those games, you're in for a real treat!

Role Playing Goodness:

Nineteen locations to discover and explore.
Nine adventurers to add to the party, develop and lead.
Turn-based combat against over ninety monster types.
Eighteen spells for Magic Users and Clerics to cast (not including spells cast by monsters!)
Enough swords, guns, potions, helmets, badges, keys, staves and armor to keep any adventurer stocked for life.

Innovative features:

Intuitive controls let you dive into play right away. Tap and Go!
Musical options: great in-game music or play your iPod while adventuring.
Realtime tasks and puzzles increase the challenge and the fun!
Auto-Save returns you to where you were last adventuring if the phone rings or you reply to a text.

This Lite version allows you to play the first section of the game.

Joypad (search the app store), 60beat GamePad and Apple TV mirroring support

trentg's comments:
Back with what may be the last update for Monster 2, at least on the condition that there are no big bugs. Nooskewl, my company, is working on a new game now. We're a team of 7 or 8 people. Anyway, this update is pretty good... I put a ton of work into it. I wanted to make the game perfect before leaving it for a new game. I think I came close as I can.

Hope you check it out!

Full version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-rpg-2/id358610619?mt=8

Lite version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-rpg-2-lite/id359745659?mt=8

Thanks for all the support over the past few months!

[edit]
I forgot to mention that this update works on the soon to be released iOS 4, and plays nice with multitasking on 3GS on said OS. Also, the minimum version requirement is now OS 3.0 instead of 3.1.
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
If the tap and go is really improved i'll buy it most definitely tho it would be nice a price drop: i think $1.99 would be a much adjusted price.

06-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
If the tap and go is really improved i'll buy it most definitely tho it would be nice a price drop: i think $1.99 would be a much adjusted price.
The tap and go mode works perfectly now, and so do the other modes. I don't know about a price drop... The game was just on sale for 99 for three weeks or so, and I think 2.99 is a very fair price. But we'll see.

Try the lite version and see if the controls are to your liking.
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
The tap and go mode works perfectly now, and so do the other modes. I don't know about a price drop... The game was just on sale for 99 for three weeks or so, and I think 2.99 is a very fair price. But we'll see.

Try the lite version and see if the controls are to your liking.
So is this the second game in the series? Where is the first?
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
So is this the second game in the series? Where is the first?
Yes it is. The first game was for PC/Mac. You can get it here for free:

http://nooskewl.com/node/17

Monster 2 was also originally for PC and Mac, and those versions are also free:

http://nooskewl.com/node/29

The iPhone version (Monster RPG 2) is an enhanced version of the PC/Mac version of Monster 2.

So if you don't have a few bucks to spend on a game, or want something else, you can still get a less flashy version for free .
06-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
The game was just on sale for 99 for three weeks or so
Shoot! I missed that.
06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry about that .
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
trent, any word on what Nooskewl's next project is going to be like? More directly, will it be an RPG?
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaustWolf View Post
trent, any word on what Nooskewl's next project is going to be like? More directly, will it be an RPG?
It will be an RPG but I won't say much more. It'll be different from Monster RPG 2, but I don't like going into details so early in a projects lifetime.
06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Sounds good. I'm eagerly awaiting your team's next offering!