★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Update 2.4.9
*NOTE: Updating your device to iOS 5 is strongly recommended *

-1800 new puzzles from the Wheel of Fortune show producers
-All-new turn-based multiplayer mode (NOTE: Requires iOS 5)
-Live game multiplayer stability fixes
-Facebook & Twitter sharing

Take the new Wheel of Fortune Platinum for a spin! With "true to the show" sound effects, music, and customizable contestants, you can have all of the sizzle of the popular game show in your hands.

Wheel of Fortune Platinum features over 1800 updated puzzles written by the producers of the show, global leaderboards, multi-player modes, theme weeks, and plenty of In-App purchases for more avatar choices and 1800 additional puzzles. Download Wheel of Fortune Platinum today and call out letters all day and night!

FEATURES:

-OPENING VIDEO, GRAPHICS, STUDIO, SOUND EFFECTS, AND MUSIC STRAIGHT FROM THE TV SHOW

-1800+ GAME PUZZLES WRITTEN BY THE PRODUCERS OF THE SHOW (IN THE *MAIN CONTENT* PACK)

-TV SHOW MODE FOR TRUE RULES AND GAMEPLAY

-TOSS-UP, AND SPEED-UP MODES FOR QUICK CASUAL PLAY

-PASS-N-PLAY MULTIPLAY FOR FAMILY FUN

-LOCAL WIFI MULTIPLAY

-LIVE AND TURN-BASED MULTIPLAY

-CAREER STATS

-GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS

-THEME WEEKS WITH CUSTOM WRITTEN PUZZLES AND WEDGES

-IN-APP PURCHASES FOR ADDITIONAL STYLISH CONTESTANT CLOTHING, HATS, BEARDS, AND HAIR STYLE CHOICES

-IN-APP PURCHASES FOR 1800 ADDITIONAL PUZZLES
06-17-2010, 12:43 AM
It's ok but not worth it if you already have the previous version. I do like the 6mb size.

06-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimcfly View Post
It's ok but not worth it if you already have the previous version. I do like the 6mb size.
I just bought the old one a couple of hours before this one came out

I picked this one up anyway because it has many more features than the old one. Anyway, 4.99 is not alot of money for this game. I spend $10 for both in one day......lol ....better to laugh than cry
06-17-2010, 10:59 AM
So what's new in this version?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-14-2010, 10:53 PM
$.99

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-15-2010, 03:09 AM
How much content do you get before you have to start buying stuff in-app?
07-16-2010, 01:15 AM
There's quite a few DLC packs ($.99 each) I'm not sure how much content is included without the extras because I just bought the game last night. I am liking it though, the base game is worth the $.99. No crash issues on my 3GS, I only say this because that seems to be the only thing reviewers in the store are complaining about. I played for about 40 mins last night with no problems.

07-16-2010, 01:23 AM
How many questions are there?

hi
07-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
How many questions are there?
I've only played for about 45 minutes total. I haven't got any repeat puzzles yet.

A couple of other things about the game-

Only in portait mode, this isn't a bad thing at all though you can play with one hand, and the whole setup feels comfortable.

There is more than one gameplay mode. Some play out like a quick pickup and play game.

07-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Okay, thanks. But are the questions very American-orientated like the previous version?

hi