★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Light Riders?

02-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Light Riders?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what is going on with Light Riders? I should have been here by now.

Would it be possible to see a video of the game in action or at least a full feature set list?

Thanks!
02-25-2009, 07:47 AM
As far as I followed the other thread, they are still waiting for Apple to finish the review process and put it into the store.

A gameplay video would awesome.

I must say, that I am *really* disappointed with LightBike (http://www.taptoplay.de/2009/02/25/lightbike/ [German]). It feels wrong and the chosen camera perspective just breaks everything. LightRiders might fix this with their blue theme and the 2D top down view and the upcoming 3D view with different camera perspective finally sounds like it would transfer the look and feel of the movie in a good way.

The free GLTron offers a really really great look and feel with different camera angels, perspectives etc. I hope, that LightRiders will be similar.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

02-25-2009, 08:30 AM
it was submitted a day after zen bound and sway, so really it shouldn't be here yet, most likely a day behind those two games
02-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Yea but this game is less complicated. 99 cents right?
02-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I played the free version of LightBikes and didn't think it was all that bad.

The build I have of LightRiders only has the top down camera which scales back as you increase your speed. It plays really well and I prefer it over LightBikes.
02-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
it was submitted a day after zen bound and sway, so really it shouldn't be here yet, most likely a day behind those two games
It should be today. Looking forward, we have a ton of features and updates planned. There will be an immediate update submitted to bring internet multiplayer. We are then focusing on all kinds of new level, bike, and game play enhancements we think all of you will love. We are committed to keeping our games fresh.

- Ben
02-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Internet. Multiplayer. O. M. G.

Must.

Buy.

Damn .

Will it work over Edge? Man, that would be great I could play this against others in the world when driving back home in the subway .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Yea but this game is less complicated. 99 cents right?
Yes, will be .99 cents for the first week or two.
02-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Internet. Multiplayer. O. M. G.

Must.

Buy.

Damn .

Will it work over Edge? Man, that would be great I could play this against others in the world when driving back home in the subway .
We have been working very hard on our multiplayer platform. We are working very hard to get smooth results over EDGE. We will keep you guys posted on our testing.
02-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm happy just being wifi'd and able to get into a tournament or whatever. Brings me back to the Mario Kart DS days, W-L record and so on. I'm looking forward to this,.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.