★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Oregon Trail later this week...

02-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Oregon Trail later this week...

Okay so Sway and Zen Bound are out, two fantastic games that were well worth the wait in my mind. But is anyone else as excited as I am about Oregon Trail? Its hard to mention this game around anyone who played it all those years ago and them not have fond memories and start spouting off what their members died from or how much they loved hunting. Personally, I cant wait!

Playing: Zombieville USA!, Blue Attack!, iDracula, Fieldrunners

Ignoring: Rolando, Fantastic Contraption, Edge

Last edited by salsamd; 02-26-2009 at 01:54 PM.
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheifton2005 View Post
Okay so Sway and Zen Bound are out, two fantastic games that were well worth the wait in my mind. But is anyone else as excited as I am about Oregon Trail? Its hard to mention this game around anyone who played it all those years ago and them not have fond memories and start spouting off what their members died from or how much they loved hunting. Personally, I cant wait!
Hill Billy
Quake 3
MGST
Nex

Thats all I'm waiting for!! I love FPS games

On topic:
I had this game for PC when I was a kid and I loved the game

02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
I just saw this, and I'm super excited. I assumed that we'd have to wait forever for it to finally show up. I'm really glad they released the promo material so close to the actual release date. I am definitely getting this, hopefully this weekend!
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
where did it say that its coming out this week?

Recommended Games: JunkJack
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirschy75 View Post
where did it say that its coming out this week?
in the review on toucharcade

it would be cool if they included the original one as well, in addition to the enhanced newer one with the mini games

i just want to hunt buffalo again
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
in the review on toucharcade

it would be cool if they included the original one as well, in addition to the enhanced newer one with the mini games

i just want to hunt buffalo again
It seems like you'll probably be able to hunt during the "mini games."

I wouldn't mind having the option to stock my own trailer. But I'm happy to see the updated graphics. I spent more time playing Oregon Trail II than the original, so I don't hold much affection for the retro graphics.
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I played the Java version they released last year. It was pretty cool, although I missed some of the resource management that was there in the original games. Still, I'll check it out...loved that game growing up!
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I am thrilled about this game. It's a definite purchase for me as soon as it hits the App Store. I spent hours and hours playing the original game so I can hardly wait.
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm a Gen X'er and I can't wait for this game this weekend! Woot!!

I'm also looking forward to Let's Golf next week!

Edit: Damn..Forgot that I have to mend my Appaholic ways and that I got bills along with other financial responsiblities. Ah well, at least I will get them sometime in March which is very close lol.
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, this is a game i would play ALL the time in school. regardless what was going on.

I seriously cant wait for this... has it already been submitted?