★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Space Miner Blast - Spinoff of Space Miner: Space Ore Bust.

06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Space Miner Blast - Spinoff of Space Miner: Space Ore Bust.

Coming out at the end of July for iphone and iPad, will be free with iAds (any ads included will not appear during gameplay sequences). The game will feature extra ships purchasable in-game, and as an added bonus by purchasing a ship all ads will be removed from the game.

Last edited by goiMot; 06-17-2010 at 07:00 PM.
06-17-2010, 06:48 PM
I see how they are changing the RPG and gameplay elements. Not sure how I feel about that

Should have made a complete sequel, not just a high score game. But at least it's free!

Last edited by unbrokenchain33; 06-17-2010 at 07:08 PM.

06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I'll be all over it because it looks fantastic. I really enjoyed the battles in the original. When is it coming out though?
06-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Coming out at the end of July for iphone and iPad,]
hopefully earlier

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
06-17-2010, 08:37 PM
This....to be frank, I'm disappointed. I was hoping they would focus on Space Miner 2.....and the freemium thing worries me. NGMoco was GREAT (Rolando was revolutionary) until they started freemium.....not very excited about this
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruho View Post
This....to be frank, I'm disappointed. I was hoping they would focus on Space Miner 2.....and the freemium thing worries me. NGMoco was GREAT (Rolando was revolutionary) until they started freemium.....not very excited about this
It just says there will be ads, there's nothing to actually buy, so it's not freemium.

EDIT: Oh never mind, I though it said unlock ships not buy them. Whoops.
06-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey guys,

No worries, we're still working on a proper Space Miner sequel. We got a lot of user comments though that asked for an "endless mining" mode in Space Miner, so Blast is a way for us to address that desire and maybe will allow us to bring some more people to the full game.

We are not just bringing it across though, the gameplay is faster, the hazards are different and nearly all the art has been re-done, so it'll be worth your time to at least check out.

In terms of being "freemium", I don't look at it that way. It'll be a free download with some optional paid content. Freemium to me means making a game you can't really play effectively without spending more money. You can play Blast until the cows come home without spending a dime.

So if you like our games give it a download when it comes out. At best you like it, at worst you'll help out our rankings so more people can find out about Space Miner
06-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't see this as something to be disappointed about. It's more like a minigame version of the full Space Miner -- a separate entity that occupies the same space as its progenitor but is distinct in its goals. It's for those who want a more casual, quick-bite approach to the game rather than the full-on quest of the original. I will still prefer the original (and the sequel when it hits!) but this one will have its place. Plus, it'll be free(ish).

Will this support the iPhone 4 resolution and multitasking?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 06-18-2010 at 09:26 PM.
06-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venan View Post
Hey guys,

No worries, we're still working on a proper Space Miner sequel. We got a lot of user comments though that asked for an "endless mining" mode in Space Miner, so Blast is a way for us to address that desire and maybe will allow us to bring some more people to the full game.

We are not just bringing it across though, the gameplay is faster, the hazards are different and nearly all the art has been re-done, so it'll be worth your time to at least check out.

In terms of being "freemium", I don't look at it that way. It'll be a free download with some optional paid content. Freemium to me means making a game you can't really play effectively without spending more money. You can play Blast until the cows come home without spending a dime.

So if you like our games give it a download when it comes out. At best you like it, at worst you'll help out our rankings so more people can find out about Space Miner
Thx Brandon this is really reassuring to hear
07-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Really looking fwd to the release, hows abt mid-July instead of late July?