Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Jet car stunts RPG
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

JCS Match-3 is where it's at!

On topic though:
A sequel to a game I liked from a developer I like that only has quality titles under his belt? I'm in.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Out of curiosity, will JCS2 ever have online multiplayer? I can see it working really well with the Time Trial levels, and multiplayer with the Platforming levels would be a neat experiment as well.

A "hot lap" multiplayer like Trackmania where you and a bunch of other people are racing each other's lap ghosts on a track all at once would be really cool as well.

If not, maybe Jet Car Stunts 3?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 PM

I'm trying to motivate my self to get a lot of admin up to date at True Axis this week. It is the worst part of my work! And it takes me for ever because I have such low motivation for it.

I really want to be figuring out the graphical style for user created levels now. The radiosity lighting generator used for on the in house levels is way too slow for the in game level editor. There are some real time radiosity methods around these days, but I don't think they will cross over to the JCS2 in game level editor on iOS well. So, I'm testing out some different effects to use on the user generated levels to make sure they look nice with out the radiosity ligting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Out of curiosity, will JCS2 ever have online multiplayer?
Probably not at launch. It is such a single player game focused game in general, and the challenge mode offers a good multiplexer substitute. Might consider it as an update though.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Just curious, but what will the amount of content be compared to the original jet car stunts?

I'm assuming it will be much more due to the new cars and the level editor, but how will the amount of levels compare to the original one?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 AM

Progress has been a little slow after the holiday season trying to get motivated to get through a back log of administration work.

I've made a new graphical style for the in game level editor which I am happy with, but I need to test it out on a few devices to see if it is fast enough. I'm worried it might be a bit slow.

Today I also just started on a new HUD style. I was going to get a graphics guy into do this, but I just decided to do it my self now. There was some criticism about the look of the original HUD in JCS1 which I did, probably not helped by a bug in the blending modes I just found. I might post some screen shots of the new HUD soon for feed back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombaslayer View Post
Just curious, but what will the amount of content be compared to the original jet car stunts?

I'm assuming it will be much more due to the new cars and the level editor, but how will the amount of levels compare to the original one?
We all ready have well over 100 levels built to a playable state. Will likely also add some in game level editor built levels. They will look a bit different because the high quality radiositly lighting is too slow for the in game level editor. Levels can be built super quick with the in game editor.

There will be new game modes, and more replayability per level.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketrueaxis View Post
We all ready have well over 100 levels built to a playable state. Will likely also add some in game level editor built levels. They will look a bit different because the high quality radiositly lighting is too slow for the in game level editor. Levels can be built super quick with the in game editor.

There will be new game modes, and more replayability per level.

Luke, make it $90. I'm getting it, regardless of price. Even the first one was worth more than some $20 games I've played. Well over 150 hours played in the first.

Seriously though, step out there and make it $6.99. Make a poll and see what people think before release or something. Your hard work shouldn't go to waste
Old 01-30-2012, 04:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This is probably the only game I'll blindly pay whatever for when it comes out. I still play the original all the time...

Keep the info coming! Can't wait!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Agreed, i still keep playing the original with as much fervor as I was playing it when I had first got it. JCS 2 will be epic.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

How long do you think it will be before we can see any early game footage? I could not be any more excited for JCS 2

Closed Thread