★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dark Fighter is an awesome online multiplayer real-time strategy (RTS) game. Developed for the iPhone and iPod touch, there are endless hours of gameplay involved. Challenge friends or strangers from around the world for adrenaline pumping action, with a soundtrack to match!

- Fast paced action
- Internet Multiplayer
- LAN Multiplayer
- Informative Tutorial Missions
- Skirmish Missions for offline play

Upcoming Features:
- 4 Player multiplayer
- Various game modes
- More levels and tutorials
- Lots more secret stuff :)

goiMot's comments:

Teaser Trailer:
06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Dunno... could be a winner...

06-18-2010, 03:16 PM
5$ is quite a lot, I'll wait for reviews, a demo or a 1$ sale. Especially since I already have LASW and mostly game offline.
06-18-2010, 03:51 PM

I'm thinking of getting this.
It looks good, but I'm not sure yet... I'll wait for a review, or a video.

Currently beta testing/ have beta tested: Novarift, New York Zombies (NYZ), Depict, Armada: galactic war.
Alpha Testing: Mission Europa.
06-19-2010, 03:58 AM
i was interested in this when it was upcoming, but isn't $5 a bit much?

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
06-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
i was interested in this when it was upcoming, but isn't $5 a bit much?
The real problem with the price tag is that there won't be anybody to play online. It doesn't matter how good the game is. Big name franchises can get away with this but not unknowns. Any game that is trying to sell itself on its multiplayer features is in for an uphill battle even at minimum cost entry point. That's why so many are released for free with (reasonable) DLC. At $5 it's simply doomed to failure.
06-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow this looks good but being designed as a multiplayer game..I'm not so sure there's gonna be enough players online who've bought the game already.
In game chat?..that looks nice.

06-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, I was tempted, but then thought about all that's been in this thread to date... I think I've been here too many times, so tempted by the idea of online RTS...
06-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I took the risk. So far it seems the game design isn't very deep (I only tried some AI skirmishes). My main concern is that the units don't seem to have any RPS element (Rock Paper Scissors, one unit beats another), even LASW had basic RPS with the air-ground relationship. Here everything is planes. The two weapon types, lasers and missiles, are supposed to be effective against different targets, missiles are supposed to be too slow for hitting fast targets but in practice the missiles will just follow the target until they catch up which will happen at latest when the target slows down to attack something. I.e. missiles just dominate.

The tech timing is also questionable, it takes longer to tech to one turret than it takes for an enemy raider to arrive so the only defense against early econ raids is spamming units of your own and with no RPS or home advantage that means you only win if you field more units. If you lose your first harvester to a raid it's instant gg so I expect most matches to be decided within the first minute. I think that could be fixed by making harvester pricing and effectiveness more like Starcraft than C&C.

It's not possible to block enemy units (e.g. in Starcraft a defense against early raids is placing buildings so there's only a narrow area for units to move through and raiders would have to pass between defenders and get torn up in the process) as units can just pass through everything (fly above/below it).

There is a second unit tier that's reached by building a research center, not sure how much that actually affects. The units are stronger of course.

Micro isn't possible because units always curl up into dogfights to attack. Again with no RPS and no micro it's purely a game of numbers. The weapon types suggest RPS was the intention, missiles would need a reduced seeking ability for that (and maybe harvesters would need laser proofing so as long as you can keep missile ships out of your econ you're good).
06-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the impressions. This is a pass. With no micro or unit advantage possibilities, this is a fail rts.

Red Conquest