★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Squid Drop

06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Squid Drop

I saw this advertised on the board and the little squid guy looked awesome so I did a quick search and found their website. Not much is listed as of yet but I would love to be a beta tester for them if they want.

Here is what is on their site so far:

Quote:
Squid Drop - We want your help!

We're currently busy coding away on our new game Squid Drop. Our goal for this game has been to marry a really simple gaming mechanism with enough variety to create a title that lasts... forever! Yes, we know it sounds like hyperbole to the extreme but nevertheless that is our goal. If we'll be able to pull it off, now that's entirely different matter.

Which is why we need your help! We'll soon be needing gamers to play-/beta test the game to rule out any bugs and to help us shape the game into the best it can be. Want to have a sneak peak inside the creative process behind an iPhone game? Check back in a day or two, as we will soon, very soon, be looking for beta testers to help us out!
Link to site: http://www.noreagle.com/squiddrop.php

BTW, I sent an e-mail to the contact on their site directing them to this thread. Maybe we can find out more about the game and learn what it is actually about.
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
yes I was curious about what this is about too maybe get to test for them also we shalll seeee

06-18-2010, 01:25 PM
if this looks awesome.... maybe you have problems with words
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I saw this too, and I wanna know more about it.
06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenT View Post
if this looks awesome.... maybe you have problems with words
I said the little squid guy looked awesome. Maybe you have a problem with reading?

Obviously at this point in time I am unable to make any comments about the actual game as there have been no screen shots released and no game play videos.
06-18-2010, 07:43 PM
If you followed the progression of ads on the board it was actually quite cleverly done. Very ingenious and quite a great way to garner enthusiasm and curiosity over a new release!
06-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
If you followed the progression of ads on the board it was actually quite cleverly done. Very ingenious and quite a great way to garner enthusiasm and curiosity over a new release!
"Very ingenious" wow, thanks! That quotes goes straight up on my CV.
06-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
"Very ingenious" wow, thanks! That quotes goes straight up on my CV.
Go for it! I say what I mean! And that was one of the more clever ad campaigns I have seen in a long time.

Now I can't wait for the game!