★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Bonzai Bounce is a 2D platformer with a unique graphical style. Your mission is to control the ball and collect orbs that are spread throughout the 6 levels. Clear the levels as fast as you can with as many orbs as possible to get the highest possible score. At your disposal is the environment, use bridges as slingshots and platforms to reach new heights.
06-18-2010, 03:45 PM
this looks pretty stylish. shame there appears to be no online leaderboards to promote some replay value.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

06-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Leaderboards should be a requirement for all score based games. If there are none, I will pass

It's a shame because although not everyone likes or cares about leaderboards, sales are definitely lost when this feature is not included.
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Leaderboards should be a requirement for all score based games. If there are none, I will pass

It's a shame because although not everyone likes or cares about leaderboards, sales are definitely lost when this feature is not included.
+1 on that one makes no sense to not add online leaderboards
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
This looks very stylish. The icon is beautiful.

Invaders Must Die.
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Now FREE!!!

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member
10-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Didn't notice this when it came out. Looks nicely stylized, it's universal, and free is a nice bonus.

Having spent a few minutes with the game, I can say that there's a fair bit of entertainment value here. It's an enjoyable game with a wonderful artistic flair about it, and the object interaction is a rather unique and interesting twist.

On the down side, the two-fingered jump is really annoying, often causing you to miss a jump. There's a double-jump mechanic where you can jump in one spot more than once to gain altitude, but that too is kind of annoying and makes the game a little more tedious than if you just used the double-jump-in-the-air mechanic of many popular platformers. Further, the game is rather short with just six levels There is also no retina support, though it supports the iPad which is nice, but it's accelerometer-controlled which, for a heavier device like the iPad, isn't, especially with the two-fingered tap mechanic. I also find that sometimes, perhaps on certain unspecified surfaces, you just can't jump at all.

Free though? Definitely worth checking out. Probably even worth a buck, but those jump mechanics would have to be tweaked for it to be worth any more in my book.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Fantastic, never got round to trying this.

Invaders Must Die.