★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Xbox 360 Thread

07-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Then the joke hits the internet, the internet overuses the joke and it dies. I was mildly amused the first time I got to GLaDOS though.
Valve is genius. Absolutely genius. Who else could create games as different as Half Life and L4D, but yet make them both fantastic? Who else could think up the humor and brilliance of Portal? It's genius, that's what it is. They are officially my favorite developers for any game on any console
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah View Post
Valve is genius. Absolutely genius. Who else could create games as different as Half Life and L4D, but yet make them both fantastic? Who else could think up the humor and brilliance of Portal? It's genius, that's what it is. They are officially my favorite developers for any game on any console
Not as good as Bungie though.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah View Post
Valve is genius. Absolutely genius. Who else could create games as different as Half Life and L4D, but yet make them both fantastic? Who else could think up the humor and brilliance of Portal? It's genius, that's what it is. They are officially my favorite developers for any game on any console
Neither L4D or Portal were Valve's ideas... they were both projects by other developers which were then picked up by Valve.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Not as good as Bungie though.
Bungie has Halo. What else do they have?
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Neither L4D or Portal were Valve's ideas... they were both projects by other developers which were then picked up by Valve.
But they executed it flawlessly
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Not as good as Bungie though.
Everyone is better than Bungie. Unless we're talking about a mass gathering of screaming whiny fanboys, then Bungie is king. No one else can group that many idiots into one place at one time.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Everyone is better than Bungie. Unless we're talking about a mass gathering of screaming whiny fanboys, then Bungie is king. No one else can group that many idiots into one place at one time.
How can you insult Bungie like this?! You don't like Halo?
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah View Post
How can you insult Bungie like this?! You don't like Halo?
Technically Halo isn't terrible, it's the fans that ruin it. It's not the best FPS though, and Bungie aren't good at anything else.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Meh, it's the fans that make Halo not-so-good
Yes well done. Valuable insight there.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Everyone is better than Bungie. Unless we're talking about a mass gathering of screaming whiny fanboys, then Bungie is king. No one else can group that many idiots into one place at one time.
ok you keep on playing your Modnation Racers, MAG, and other titles that can't keep me and many other people entertained for more than an hour. Plus continuing worshipping everything Sony. I'm not a fanboy, I think Warhawk is the best game ever made and I still love it after almost three years. But you haven't played Halo or anything else made by Bungie. They listen to their community and THEY'RE AWESOME!

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.