Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2251  
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Rocketman919 Rocketman919 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali-forn-i-a
Posts: 2,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
More like Rocketman, he butted in when I made a comment ages ago. Then it came to this.
I wasn't going to say anything because it will just get this topic even more off track, but it is in no way my fault that the ps3 was brought in to this thread. That was 100% on you. I don't know if you realize that this is an xbox thread, but if you come in here and start talking about how the ps3 is better, you're gonna start shit. If you want to talk about ps3 stuff, go to the ps3 thread.

Also, a "fanboy" doesn't exist. It's called a ****ing opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one. So midian, shut the **** up and quit being such a hypocrite, because you really seem like a ps3 "fanboy" right now.


There, it's over, now back to the topic at hand. Nobody mention the ps3 in here again, ever.
Reply With Quote
  #2252  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Electric_Shaman Electric_Shaman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Also, a "fanboy" doesn't exist. It's called a ****ing opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one. So midian, shut the **** up and quit being such a hypocrite, because you really seem like a ps3 "fanboy" right now.


There, it's over, now back to the topic at hand. Nobody mention the ps3 in here again, ever.
If you can't identify what a fanboy is, then you must be a fanboy. Thems the rules.

Last edited by Electric_Shaman; 10-31-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: PS3!
Reply With Quote
  #2253  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:16 PM
walsh06 walsh06 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,755
Default

The update arrives tomorrow. I know there's a good few things coming but not sure on the exact details.
Reply With Quote
  #2254  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

I quite like the Hot Persuit demo.
Reply With Quote
  #2255  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:51 PM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Also, a "fanboy" doesn't exist. It's called a ****ing opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one. So midian, shut the **** up and quit being such a hypocrite, because you really seem like a ps3 "fanboy" right now.


There, it's over, now back to the topic at hand. Nobody mention the ps3 in here again, ever.
No, it's not over. It was, but you came back and started arguing, so now you're gonna get argued back at.

First the 'fanboy as a legitimate term' issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Fanboy is a term used to describe a male who is highly devoted and biased in opinion towards a single subject or hobby within a given field.
The key word there is biased. Arrogance and ignorance also come into it, only Wikipedia's a little too polite for that. So let's call on Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless [sic] of if they suck or not.

2. An arrogant person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned. Fanboys usually acuse others of being fanboys. Usually use 1337 and swarm MMORPGs. Fanboys caused alot of fallouts between people when they started arguing about consoles. If you insult something that a fanboy likes, he will spam your computer up and try to insult something that you like.
Second: My entire argument was based around proving the two consoles are more or less equal and dismissing the ridiculous insults thrown between fans of the two competing companies. Calling me a fanboy is nothing short of desperation due to lack of any actual validity in what you're trying to say.

I'd like to say it's over now, but I fear you still don't understand.
Reply With Quote
  #2256  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I quite like the Hot Persuit demo.
I thought it was a bit weird... not what I expected after the Burnout Paradise controls. This feels more on rails... a bit like Split/Second. It was a kind of easy too, I came first in both events first try. I get the feeling I'll enjoy the full game more than the demo, especially if we get to free roam a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #2257  
Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I thought it was a bit weird... not what I expected after the Burnout Paradise controls. This feels more on rails... a bit like Split/Second. It was a kind of easy too, I came first in both events first try. I get the feeling I'll enjoy the full game more than the demo, especially if we get to free roam a bit.
I'm pretty crap at racing games as you know mate, but it did seem as you say. I'm sure I liked S/S more than you did. ;P
Still, the cars in the demo weren't exactly much to get excited about. We'll just have to see how the game gets received in due course.
Reply With Quote
  #2258  
Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Donovan1209 Donovan1209 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 3,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
I quite like the Hot Persuit demo.
I found it to control a little weird, you're going to fast to have any handling. I did not enjoy it, 'nuff said.
Reply With Quote
  #2259  
Old 10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Pyro Pyro is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: My house
Posts: 306
Default

Whoa. I leave for a day and the PS3 douchebags take over.

Midian and Rocketman both sound like complete trolls.

In other news, I made the decision to get Black Ops. One more week. Who's excited?
Reply With Quote
  #2260  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Donovan1209 Donovan1209 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 3,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
Whoa. I leave for a day and the PS3 douchebags take over.

Midian and Rocketman both sound like complete trolls.

In other news, I made the decision to get Black Ops. One more week. Who's excited?
The "PS3 douchebags" are trying to rid this thread of "Xbox fanboys". I make on comment on a post and it turns into a flame-fest, all because Rocketman is an "Xbox fanboy". Midian really isn't that bad, Rocketman on the other hand apparently thinks PSN is broken and PS3 has crappy exclusives. If that's true, I would trade mine in for a 360. But sadly he has no info to back his "facts" up. I thought this was over until Rocketman made another post and I was all like,"Well, I guess it's not over, try to bring the thread back on topic". Anyway, let's stop the flaming.

In other news, Black Ops Zombies has been leaked, onto Youtube.


Youtube link | Pop Up


You are very welcome
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent