Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Well no more jTAGs and the sleek new look make this the best update yet.
Yeah i downloaded it and got a look at it at lunch. It does look pretty nice. Like the new intro when you turn the xbox on too. Havn't gotten to fuss with it much but I will later with my NEW TV (Yussssss!!!)
Old 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Man I can't wait to discuss this one. I'm sure I'll be accused of fanboyism but damn it just looks so ridiculous, I don't care who created it.
A few days ago Microsoft was touring the area and me and a few friends got some pretty extensive play time on some Kinects, and they are actually fantastic.
Don't make assumptions.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
A few days ago Microsoft was touring the area and me and a few friends got some pretty extensive play time on some Kinects, and they are actually fantastic.
Don't make assumptions.
Are you kidding me. I was at The Mall of America when they had a big booth. The stuff sucked. The thing had a huge lag between the motion and the game reacting. The games also horribly suck. Sadly.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I was wondering whats the deal with ESPN. I read before its only available for some people and Im wondering can I access on it in Ireland cos I would really love it.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
Don't make assumptions.
I've seen enough to make assumptions. I've seen the retarded dance/exercise games, the decline into casual and cheaply-made software for children, the hideous lag when Turn 10 tried to apply the hardware to Forza 3. Obviously I've read previews too, with quotes such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC World
After putting Microsoft's Kinect motion-sensing camera for the Xbox 360 through its paces, I've come away a true believer--that it isn't for me, it's for my wife.

Kinect Sports bowling (it's a lot like Wii bowling, albeit slightly less precise)

In fact a sophisticated Kinect game was nowhere in sight, and if I'm reading Microsoft's intentions correctly, that's just fine, because we already know how to play sophisticated games: With controllers. Microsoft's obviously aiming this thing at party gamers, kids, casual players, families, and getting back to consumers like my wife: Anyone looking for a full-body, peripheral-free home fitness coach.
So yeah, if that description fits you, go for it. I'm speaking with regards to the rest of us.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:16 PM

ya but at the same time how many great games did the wii have when it was first released?? and no look at the quality it has. Things like this take time. No superstar game comes out on day 1.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
I was wondering whats the deal with ESPN. I read before its only available for some people and Im wondering can I access on it in Ireland cos I would really love it.
ESPN on the 360 is the equivalent to a pair of nuts since it doesn't have NFL.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
ESPN on the 360 is the equivalent to a pair of nuts since it doesn't have NFL.
+1
Old 11-01-2010, 05:19 PM

good to know but I actually dont care about nfl as it is the one american sport I can watch here. There is a channel for the nhl, mlb, ncaa but I dont get it. And I do love NCAA sports.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

It's completely obvious as to who Kinect is geared toward just from the Dashboard update. When you first open up the new Dashboard, it guides you through this frigging tutorial on how to navigate the interface. And, of course, the TV in the side picture is always outfitted with a Kinect. Only soccer moms, grandmas, and five-year-olds would need to learn how to navigate the already-simplistic Dashboard.

I think I will be skipping this one.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 11-01-2010 at 09:17 PM..