Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-19-2011, 11:44 PM

I don't have a PS3 so I can't go straight to it that way. Seeing how people on that platform can successfully pick up the game I thought it would be possible. What does the game include for PS3 users that allow them to come up to speed with the story. If it's just a videoclip I could easily watch that on YouTube.

What Midian said about it dragging on is what I'm worried about. I can't stand games like that (In fact I never finished the original Halo because of one level that dragged on so much).
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I don't have a PS3 so I can't go straight to it that way. Seeing how people on that platform can successfully pick up the game I thought it would be possible. What does the game include for PS3 users that allow them to come up to speed with the story. If it's just a videoclip I could easily watch that on YouTube.

What Midian said about it dragging on is what I'm worried about. I can't stand games like that (In fact I never finished the original Halo because of one level that dragged on so much).
The PS3 version includes some kind of interactive comic, I think, where you make the choices that you would have made in the first game.

I enjoyed the first one, probably because it was the first story since KOTOR (imagine that, also made by BioWare ) that I really actually got into. I do agree that it had a few bugs, and the length of it can be daunting, but I don't think for a minute it was a waste of my time.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I know I should be shot for not playing it earlier, but I feel like giving the Mass Effect series a go before No.3 comes out.

The original to me looks like it has a lot of issues and reports from friends say it drags on.. ALOT. Seeing how ME2 has received so much praise, should I start off the series with this title as I'm not a huge RPG fan. How vital is knowing the story from the first to the sequel?
I do recommend playing Mass Effect 1. 2 fixes pretty much all the problems that it had, but it's still a phenomenal experience. Combat is subpar, and there's tons of graphical issues, but you'll adore the experience. And if you really want to get into the Mass Effect series, you HAVE to play it. A "virtual" comic isn't as effective, and you'll miss the character development and many, many other details about the game world.

Anyway, you are in for a ride. Mass Effect is the best modern series in gaming.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I had to stop playing ME 1 because of how boring it was and how it just dragged on with the piss-poor combat. I still got ME 2 and stopped playing because I got stuck at a point and just gave up. I guess the series just isnt for me.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah the 360 version doesn't have the comic which is why I suggested YouTube videos. There's a lot of focus on the story, and I'm not too big on the story in games, it's all about the actual gaming for me which is why ME2 rules and ME1 not so much. 2 got that perfect blend while 1 constantly left me wandering around waiting for something to happen. If you don't think you can experience a story by reading you've obviously never read a book, you wouldn't be missing that much by going straight to the second game.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 PM

I'm playing Bayonetta right now and, holy crap is this game good. I feel as if my face is going to melt by all the things that are going on on the screen, it's ridiculous. Not only the game has some astounding art direction, but the combat is pretty excellent.

Loving this.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Getting Bulletstorm. It says all preorders for 360 will be Epic editions, is that true if I preorder tomorrow(Monday), the day before it comes out?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:49 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Just got my copy of MW2 working! It has a bit of a crack in it though so it only works sometimes . Is anyone looking forward to Gears 3? I know I am!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM
iPhone 4

Played Bulletstorm for a bit at a friend's house and damn... the characters can't go one sentence without mentioning 'd*ck' I probably won't be getting it soon, don't see much replay value in beating the Echo levels over and over again.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post
I do recommend playing Mass Effect 1. 2 fixes pretty much all the problems that it had, but it's still a phenomenal experience. Combat is subpar, and there's tons of graphical issues, but you'll adore the experience. And if you really want to get into the Mass Effect series, you HAVE to play it. A "virtual" comic isn't as effective, and you'll miss the character development and many, many other details about the game world.

Anyway, you are in for a ride. Mass Effect is the best modern series in gaming.
I hate how everyone says that ME is 'the best modern series evar'. I have no problem with people liking the game, but that is a huge claim that ME simply doesn't match up with.
Played about half of ME 2 and yeah it's pretty good, much better than the sack of turd that ME 1 was, but it's not exactly awesome.

Just not my thing I guess, but by the same token, I was never really into Star Trek or Star Wars or any such thing.