Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
well i realize thqt ur bein a troll but inside every troll is a person and you r takin da time 2 read my post sooo
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

my xbla games
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1005.jpg (267.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1006.jpg (284.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1007.jpg (253.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Darhma View Post
The main reason for the RROD was a processor issue. Bad processors would become defective, and then defect other parts of the system.
So... have the processors been fixed I guess is my question? I wouldn't mind putting a little off to the side if I get better performance. My 360 now sounds like a Brachiosaurus in labor if I don't have the game installed onto the HDD (which only has like 18 gigs left).
Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
So... have the processors been fixed I guess is my question? I wouldn't mind putting a little off to the side if I get better performance. My 360 now sounds like a Brachiosaurus in labor if I don't have the game installed onto the HDD (which only has like 18 gigs left).
They introduced a new chipset in which the CPU and the GPU are all in one. That means a single heatsink instead of two, with much less chance of failure. Also, the thing has one giant fan instead of two, so it's much quieter. I guess it's still pretty noisy when a disk is in the drive, but it's got 250 GB of space on the HDD, so you can install much of your library to the HDD to keep the noise level down.

Engadget reports that games loaded much quicker when playing them on the 360 Slim.

Also, the RROD is far and gone. Kinda. Now it's the RDOD, or the "Red Dot of Death"... Except a far better acronym would be RDOP, for "Red Dot of Protection". See why here.

Oh, and Wi-Fi built-in.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
They introduced a new chipset in which the CPU and the GPU are all in one. That means a single heatsink instead of two, with much less chance of failure. Also, the thing has one giant fan instead of two, so it's much quieter. I guess it's still pretty noisy when a disk is in the drive, but it's got 250 GB of space on the HDD, so you can install much of your library to the HDD to keep the noise level down.

Engadget reports that games loaded much quicker when playing them on the 360 Slim.

Also, the RROD is far and gone. Kinda. Now it's the RDOD, or the "Red Dot of Death"... Except a far better acronym would be RDOP, for "Red Dot of Protection". See why here.

Oh, and Wi-Fi built-in.
Sweet, I might consider getting one of these for Christmas. Definitely would be a nice upgrade. Just not sure if I'd be able to get the 3DS as well...

Another question to you guys out there, do you no longer get a free month of Gold with a new account? Cuz I was trying to create a new account to download the Crackdown 2 demo (I have a teen account), and when I did, it told me I needed a gold membership.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Sweet, I might consider getting one of these for Christmas. Definitely would be a nice upgrade. Just not sure if I'd be able to get the 3DS as well...

Another question to you guys out there, do you no longer get a free month of Gold with a new account? Cuz I was trying to create a new account to download the Crackdown 2 demo (I have a teen account), and when I did, it told me I needed a gold membership.
I've noticed that, too. Probably to crack down on all the kids who just kept making new accounts to avoid ever having to pay.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
I have Castle Crashers as well, I've kind of grown tired of it because playing in a pub game is useless, everyone has all their characters at level 257 or whatever the max is so it's no fun, and the single player only entertained me for so long. Can't convince any of my friends to buy it, yet =P
Would you recommend Shadow Complex? Been thinking about buying it for a while.

Feeling a bit cranky today RttaM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncombs View Post
i just reasently bought it. it is great and i would highly reccomend it, its kinda like a 3D type of metroid but its stilla side scroller. but its 53% of so get it while you can!
I bought shadow complex yesterday and played for an hour or two and it is awesome. You missed out man, because last week all of the summer of arcade games were 50 percent off. I piicked up Trials HD, which I always wanted but was waiting for a sale for, and Shadow Complex, which I just couldn't pass up for half off.

So instead of getting both for 2400, I got them for like 1060 or so.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
I've noticed that, too. Probably to crack down on all the kids who just kept making new accounts to avoid ever having to pay.
You are only allowed to start a new account three times per xbox, so you might have reached that limit.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
You are only allowed to start a new account three times per xbox, so you might have reached that limit.
Hmm, that might be it. A couple friends used my XBox to create their accounts and they got the free month, so that would explain why it wouldn't work afterward.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I bought shadow complex yesterday and played for an hour or two and it is awesome. You missed out man, because last week all of the summer of arcade games were 50 percent off. I piicked up Trials HD, which I always wanted but was waiting for a sale for, and Shadow Complex, which I just couldn't pass up for half off.

So instead of getting both for 2400, I got them for like 1060 or so.
i also got marvel vs capcom 2