Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Fruit Ninja Kinect bombed? It's releasing today, how can it be known that it bombed? I'm buying it for sure. Well, after I try the demo, anyway. It looks uber fun and the reviews are quite good so far, at least that I've seen.

EDIT: and on marketplace.xbox.com, Fruit Ninja Kinect is currently pulling a near 5 star rating from 8,749 user ratings. It's still early, of course, but then there's no sign there that it's a bomb.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Well aren't you clever.

I just checked my queue and my kids haven't started the download yet. There will be hell to pay if it's not downloaded by the time I get home!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Fruit Ninja Kinect bombed? It's releasing today, how can it be known that it bombed? I'm buying it for sure. Well, after I try the demo, anyway. It looks uber fun and the reviews are quite good so far, at least that I've seen.

EDIT: and on marketplace.xbox.com, Fruit Ninja Kinect is currently pulling a near 5 star rating from 8,749 user ratings. It's still early, of course, but then there's no sign there that it's a bomb.

I was judging it only from review scores which were around 5 to 6 mostly. But if the game does well than that's great! I don't believe they added new modes to it though so it's the same content just played differently.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmo View Post
I was judging it only from review scores which were around 5 to 6 mostly. But if the game does well than that's great! I don't believe they added new modes to it though so it's the same content just played differently.
I suppose it may depend on where you are looking. metacritic has higher scores then that so far and a website I read, cheapassgamer.com gave it an outstanding, and they don't generally even like Kinect.

In any case I tried and then bought it. It's pretty awesome, especially 2 player, but also solo. The game is perfect for Kinect and Kinect is perfect for the game. I like it much more then the iOS version. My kids love it too.

Having said that, we've had some issues with it. On occasion it seems to stop recognizing slices by one player and we have to fiddle with things before it starts to work again. Also when playing two players with people of significantly different height, the game will usually calibrate for the tall player and the short player will just be a head and arms at the bottom of the screen! Workaround was for me to crouch down when it calibrated and then it was playable even with different heights.

Seems like these issues should be fixable, though, and it was still worth the trouble.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

They really need to update the Kinect Hub. When you launch it now there is a listing for Fruit Ninja Kinect, but that's not because you've downloaded it, it's because it's an advertisement. When I started the game up I could go to that thing and it had a Play button, but this morning when my youngest tried to do the same, it acted as if he needed to buy the game! He had to switch to a controller to go to the game library from the standard hub and launch the game that way. Lame.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Gears is gold.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart View Post
Maybe it'll piss a lot of people off, but I'm just not all into this worship of old games or this idea that games nowadays are somehow worse. If you truly took the nostalgia goggles off, your whole fantasy of videogames past would fall apart pretty quickly. Shadow Complex is a generic shooter, but the camera is placed on the side, so then everyone loves it. LULWUT.
Wait, but you're trying to make it come off like people are constantly saying old games used to be better and that new games suck. I have a lot of friends who are oldschool gamers and they all appreciate the newer generations of games.

It isn't a fantasy to think that The Beatles continue to influence at least 50% of the modern bands out there today so why should it be different for old videogames?

Shadow Complex isn't a generic shooter. It's a modern iteration of the tried and true Metroidvania style of exploration RPG with the added benefits of a 3rd person shooter game.

Still though, everyone has a right to their opinion. Just realize that you claim to hate closeminded people but you fall into that category yourself, just on the other side of the spectrum.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
They really need to update the Kinect Hub. When you launch it now there is a listing for Fruit Ninja Kinect, but that's not because you've downloaded it, it's because it's an advertisement. When I started the game up I could go to that thing and it had a Play button, but this morning when my youngest tried to do the same, it acted as if he needed to buy the game! He had to switch to a controller to go to the game library from the standard hub and launch the game that way. Lame.
Full Kinect integration coming in the new dashboard update soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4st...eature=related
Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
Wait, but you're trying to make it come off like people are constantly saying old games used to be better and that new games suck. I have a lot of friends who are oldschool gamers and they all appreciate the newer generations of games.

It isn't a fantasy to think that The Beatles continue to influence at least 50% of the modern bands out there today so why should it be different for old videogames?

Shadow Complex isn't a generic shooter. It's a modern iteration of the tried and true Metroidvania style of exploration RPG with the added benefits of a 3rd person shooter game.

Still though, everyone has a right to their opinion. Just realize that you claim to hate closeminded people but you fall into that category yourself, just on the other side of the spectrum.
Well I was just speaking from experience, true there probably are old school gamers out there who enjoy modern games, I just ain't met 'um. And we don't say aliens are real, even though we never met one.

And oh man, don't get me started on the Beatles...

But cheers for trying to sell me the game, I'd already forgotten about it. Lol...
Old 08-20-2011, 11:08 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

How is the game Prey? It's out for XBox for only 3 bucks, but I'm thinking of picking it up off the Mac App Store for 10 bucks.
I'm not sure whether to get Prey or Braid, which are both the same price in the Mac App Store
Recommendations? Prey seems more my cup of tea, but Braid has rave reviews