★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Xbox 360 Thread

05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Trials Evolution is soooo good. I unlocked the extreme levels last night and completed the first 3. So tough, but fun. I had well over 100 faults in one of them. LOL. The progression in the game is better than in Trials HD. It eases you into it and does a pretty good job of explaining key techniques for clearing obstacles. The only track I really didn't like much was the super duper uber long Gigatrack. That one was just *way* too long. It felt like it was never going to end.

I also finally tried the skill games last night. I really didn't care for the rolling ball one much, but liked most of the others. I especially liked the running out of gas, stuck throttle and no leaning ones.
05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
Oh wow, thanks!

@backtothis - Aww, but thanks anyways.
Haha no problem! I'm actually tempted to do the same and upgrade my 360 Elite.

05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Haha no problem! I'm actually tempted to do the same and upgrade my 360 Elite.
The Slim is a nice upgrade from the older style Xbox, but note that if you currently have a "Jasper" 360, the Slim 360 is not any quieter at all, except when playing from a disc (if game isn't installed). So if you don't install games it's quieter, but otherwise not. I was a little disappointed in that, but otherwise it has some nice improvements.
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The Slim is a nice upgrade from the older style Xbox, but note that if you currently have a "Jasper" 360, the Slim 360 is not any quieter at all, except when playing from a disc (if game isn't installed). So if you don't install games it's quieter, but otherwise not. I was a little disappointed in that, but otherwise it has some nice improvements.
I could truthfully care less haha. Anything is an improvement over what I have to deal with right now. If I accidentally close the disk tray without a game in it I have to bang on the top at least 3-4 times because the disk tray gets jammed. It's weird, I don't understand why it prevents jamming when a disk is in but it does!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
That's a different matter altogether. LOL.
05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Has anyone tried out Minecraft? Just remembered it's out already on XBLA!

Edit: My bad, looks like the release date is the 9th. No wonder the internet hasn't been exploding on the topic yet.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 05-07-2012 at 07:43 PM.
05-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Anyone join any of the 500x lobbies on Battlefield 3?

They last FOREVER! (and they are really, really fun)

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
05-08-2012, 08:25 AM
My kids are going to buy Minecraft 360 on Wednesday. They are excited! I've never gotten into it myself, but with 4 player splitscreen I'll certainly play it with them and maybe I'll get hooked.
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Minecraft is nearly out now in aus... But I don't have the money on me. /:

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB

Last edited by TakenXXDeadly; 05-08-2012 at 07:00 PM.
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Has anyone tried out Minecraft? Just remembered it's out already on XBLA!

Edit: My bad, looks like the release date is the 9th. No wonder the internet hasn't been exploding on the topic yet.
Haha yea, part of the reason why I had a (renewed) interest in getting an Xbox was to play MC: XB360 Edition and Black Ops with my foreign friends. Sometimes we play on the PC, but she doesn't have a good PC.