Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Showed way too much self-control tonight. Went out with a list of gaming items that was 3x longer, lol. They were out of stock on quite a few other games I wanted. That's probably for the best though.

Decided to go with Dishonored instead of ACIII. The setting in ACIII is so cool, but I feel like it'd play too similar to the other games.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (268.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by backtothis; 11-23-2012 at 07:36 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Insane amount of deals on AAA titles from the past year just popped up. They're all $10 a pop..Skyrim, Max Payne 3, etc.

Added to my purchased list: Witcher 2, Saints Row: The Third, Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Came out to $32.43 with tax. That's just insane.

LINK: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...k6n6fmddgqnqqv

I am not buying another game for the 360 until the AAA titles pick up again in Feb/Mar: Dead Space 3, GoW: Judgment, Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite, etc. The list of 360 games I haven't inserted into the console once is now past 10. Deja vu, iOS.

Last edited by backtothis; 11-24-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Old 11-24-2012, 02:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

So who's excited for Far Cry 3 next week? The reviews are absolutely smashing it and I'm beginning to think it may be the open-world FPS I've always wanted. I enjoy the mechanics of FPS but the linearity always sucks, and BLOPS 2 providing branching paths doesn't cut it. I can't wait to get out into that lush jungle environment and start playing it the way -I- want to. Speaking of which, how freaking big is that place?! Ten times bigger than FC2 apparently, and that was huge already. I'm all about freedom in games, and this is pushing my buttons. Jeeps, boats, jetskis, hang gliders, explosives, fire, platforming sections, stealth, guns blazing... the options are killing me.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
So who's excited for Far Cry 3 next week? The reviews are absolutely smashing it and I'm beginning to think it may be the open-world FPS I've always wanted. I enjoy the mechanics of FPS but the linearity always sucks, and BLOPS 2 providing branching paths doesn't cut it. I can't wait to get out into that lush jungle environment and start playing it the way -I- want to. Speaking of which, how freaking big is that place?! Ten times bigger than FC2 apparently, and that was huge already. I'm all about freedom in games, and this is pushing my buttons. Jeeps, boats, jetskis, hang gliders, explosives, fire, platforming sections, stealth, guns blazing... the options are killing me.
I'm very excited for Far Cry 3. I loved Far Cry 2 and was able to overlook it's flaws, unlike a lot of people. From what I've seen of Far Cry 3, it looks absolutely incredible. This'll be the first new retail game I will have bought for my PS3 since Skyrim, over a year ago. I cannot wait.

Here's a good gameplay video. It doesn't contain any story spoilers but if you want to avoid seeing any of the new features, weapons, vehicles etc then I suggest you don't watch it.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm gonna have to save that video until next week, I haven't actually read any full reviews yet because I can't stand the excitement

I thought FC2 was great too, but the weapons breaking, respawning patrols and malaria were still the main things I wanted changed or removed. As long as they were sorted I knew I'd be happy with FC3, everything else is just the icing on the cake. I'm liking the greener environment too, FC2 was beautiful but you just can't ignore this colour!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

FC3 definitely looks sick. Not sure if I'll enjoy it more than the Borderlands games though.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
FC3 definitely looks sick. Not sure if I'll enjoy it more than the Borderlands games though.
I love Borderlands for the co-op and the RPG elements, but in terms of shooter mechanics it doesn't really come close to... pretty much any other modern FPS. It's closer to the likes of old school Doom-like shooters with it's arcade style.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Farcry 3 looks amazing. I have 6 games coming my way, anyway. hopefully it drops in price when it's Christmas.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Possibly the best launch trailer I've ever seen.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've got 3 games I'm considering
Forza Horizon - liked forza 4 and also like NFS games apparently this is a cross of the 2
NFS most wanted - I like NFS games so.....
F1 Race Stars - this is mario kart but with f1 theme right?
Which should I get ?