★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gta

02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Gta

GTA, as far as I am aware will never come out for the iPhone or iPod touch. It is known that Rockstar do not like Apple and on the GTA 4 game, there is a page on the internet in the TW@ cafe which takes the micky out of Apple and the phone. However, I hope they look at the potential money that could be made, not a relationship between companies- surely it's what the consumer wants?!
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
it sounds like you're just venting here.

what's the question?

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
GTA, as far as I am aware will never come out for the iPhone or iPod touch. It is known that Rockstar do not like Apple and on the GTA 4 game, there is a page on the internet in the TW@ cafe which takes the micky out of Apple and the phone. However, I hope they look at the potential money that could be made, not a relationship between companies- surely it's what the consumer wants?!
Welcome to TA!

Yeah, I don't think GTA will come out either. Payback is a similar game though on the iphone(similar to the first two -- the overhead view)
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Send a message via ICQ to stranger Send a message via Skype™ to stranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
Payback is a similar game though on the iphone(similar to the first two -- the overhead view)
And there is the upcoming "Car Jack Streets"

I donít drink, I donít smoke, I donít do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones.

strangera.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
Welcome to TA!

Yeah, I don't think GTA will come out either. Payback is a similar game though on the iphone(similar to the first two -- the overhead view)
Yep, welcome
Also, if you enjoy the overhead view Car Jack Streets should arrive sometime soon. It looks pretty nice as well but I agree with your stance on GTA
They said the new one coming out is for psp. I think they said it was San andreas.
02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
They said the new one coming out is for psp. I think they said it was San andreas.
Maybe you mean DS? As far as I know they are only developing Chinatown Wars, which is for DS and the new xbox expansion, but this is getting off topic anyway.
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Rumors are circulating that GTA is coming to the Iphone. Most likely a port of Chinatown wars. Nothing has been confirmed by Rockstar yet, but the only handheld left that hasn't seen an iteration of the series is the iPhone. I think it's only a matter of time.

http://www.n4g.com/News-269488.aspx
02-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
it sounds like you're just venting here.

what's the question?
I was thinking the same thing

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale
02-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Keep in mind that Rockstar is in business to make money. If they feel there is money to be made by bringing some form of GTA to the iPhone/iPod Touch, then rest assured they will develop for the platform.