★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Scrabble tile rack not connecting with scrabble ipad game....plz help

06-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Scrabble tile rack not connecting with scrabble ipad game....plz help

Hey*
I just bought scrabble for the ipad...The main reason i bought it was for the tile rack as i also own an iphone 3g 16 gb...
but when i try to get it to work,it refuses to...
The tile rack app just seeks for detecting Another device but does not detect any...
Am running the latest versions of both scrabble for the ipad and the tile rack..
Also i turn on bluetooth and turn off wifi on both the devices....i even turned 3g off on both of them....Its so dissapointing as one of the charms of buying the ipad was using this app...
Can anybody help me out here... m really lost as to what to do...
Has anybody else experienced the same Problem?
Does ea mobile have a consumer feedback mechanism?
Thnx for reading *
06-21-2010, 04:09 AM
There are two versions of Scrabble now, the USA (red color icon for main Scrabble app and blue color icon for tile rack) and the International version (green color icon for both). Make sure both scrabble and tile rack are for the same version.

06-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Ya that was the problem...thank you so much..now its working
08-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Shashwat, how did you solve it?

I have the same problem. My US iPhone cannot access the Scrabble Tile Rack (Intl) version from the iTunes store. Even when I navigate from the webpage for Scrabble Tile Rack (Intl), I cannot download the Intl version of time rack.

Thanks
08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Which version of the main Scrabble game did you buy? The International Version?

If you need the International version of the tile rack, just create a new Apple account in the Appstore of another country and install from there.
08-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Xiutian,

Yes, my friend bought the Intl version of Scrabble because that's what her iTunes goes to. My iTunes account goes only to the US store.

Not sure how it is possible create a second Apple account for my iPhone - I already have an account and apps synced with it. Can any iOS device support two accounts for the same device and have apps synced from both accounts at the same time?

Thanks.
08-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetong View Post
Xiutian,

Yes, my friend bought the Intl version of Scrabble because that's what her iTunes goes to. My iTunes account goes only to the US store.

Not sure how it is possible create a second Apple account for my iPhone - I already have an account and apps synced with it. Can any iOS device support two accounts for the same device and have apps synced from both accounts at the same time?

Thanks.
You just have to authorise both accounts on your iTunes to sync the apps from both accounts to your computer. To update the apps, you would have to sign in to the individual accounts to do updating.

Actually, since you are already using your friend's Apple ID for the main Scrabble app, why not use her account for the tile rack? It would save you keeping track of so many IDs.

Last edited by xiutian; 08-31-2010 at 01:31 AM.