★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anger management

06-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Anger management

I don't know about you, but when I pay good money for a quality game then find that it has gone free within a couple of weeks I feel really peeved off. This makes me want to take the crap out of the developer for giving away what they worked hard at for nothing in return, however this might be considered offensive to some people so I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can release their anger/frustratione at developers being silly enough to offer a high-quality product for free. Developers might not want to read this thread in case they are one of the many who will get reprimanded.
At the moment I'm really annoyed at bit pilot, tilt to live and skullpogo developers, all of which I paid good money for and think that they were well worth it v
06-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmonine View Post
I don't know about you, but when I pay good money for a quality game then find that it has gone free within a couple of weeks I feel really peeved off. This makes me want to take the crap out of the developer for giving away what they worked hard at for nothing in return, however this might be considered offensive to some people so I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can release their anger/frustratione at developers being silly enough to offer a high-quality product for free. Developers might not want to read this thread in case they are one of the many who will get reprimanded.
At the moment I'm really annoyed at bit pilot, tilt to live and skullpogo developers, all of which I paid good money for and think that they were well worth it v

You might wanna look into this latest thread:

(edit: thanks, Coldar. Correct link is now online)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=58464

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 06-21-2010 at 06:19 AM.

06-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Its called marketing strategy.

With tons of other games available the developer decides to promote their game by releasing it as a free game for a limited time thereby giving it more exposure.
This has come to be expected and has been in practice for quite some time now.
I can understand where your coming from but devs need to make $ off their games and this a viable option.

(Vovin.......the link is locked.....for me anyways).

Last edited by Coldar; 06-21-2010 at 06:20 AM.
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
In my opinion, i see absolutely no advantages for putting your game free except for getting another of your games recognized. Potential buyers will just feel lucky and get it for free. people who were not going to buy it. might still get it for free.People that miss the chance to get it for free will now feel unstable about buying it in case it goes free again. you make no money but loose customers, unless you want to get recognition for another game, in which it's a pretty good idea. why did tilt to live go free seriously, it's an awesome game that should be paid for. i would have paid for that game many times over.
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperz :D View Post
In my opinion, i see absolutely no advantages for putting your game free except for getting another of your games recognized. Potential buyers will just feel lucky and get it for free. people who were not going to buy it. might still get it for free.People that miss the chance to get it for free will now feel unstable about buying it in case it goes free again. you make no money but loose customers, unless you want to get recognition for another game, in which it's a pretty good idea. why did tilt to live go free seriously, it's an awesome game that should be paid for. i would have paid for that game many times over.
I feel its good for sequals or if your sales are bad. Some games benefit (BB went free two times & is still saling) others not so much. Lots of games that go free (tilt to live, plushed, iblast moki) I didn't have my touch at release or i didn't have the credit.
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
price drops grr...

I think if they want to get their game's name out they should make it free on release for a few days then increase the price. Not after I bought it, and unless the game is waay overpriced I don't see a need for to screw over early buyers... They should make it so if the price goes down in a week or two after you bought it you should only be charged for what the price goes down to.
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
I think if they want to get their game's name out they should make it free on release for a few days then increase the price. Not after I bought it, and unless the game is waay overpriced I don't see a need for to screw over early buyers... They should make it so if the price goes down in a week or two after you bought it you should only be charged for what the price goes down to.
So by your logic every new piece of clothing, electronics, anything should be free the first whatever number of days for fear of a sale. Sales happen. And when do sales happen? When the excitement wears off, to encourage more buyers, to remind people of the product. Not BEFORE the product is released for crying out loud!

If you really want an app, then expect to pay the premium price. If you don't want it that badly, wait and watch the price. Simple. If you buy it and it goes on sale hopefully you got your buck's worth of enjoyment out of it before the sale. If not, well don't buy a Pepsi/water/coffee the next day to save a buck.
06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Ahhhhhhh tilt to live developers better watch outttttttttttttt i ammmmmmmmm comingggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAR

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
So by your logic every new piece of clothing, electronics, anything should be free the first whatever number of days for fear of a sale. Sales happen. And when do sales happen? When the excitement wears off, to encourage more buyers, to remind people of the product. Not BEFORE the product is released for crying out loud!

If you really want an app, then expect to pay the premium price. If you don't want it that badly, wait and watch the price. Simple. If you buy it and it goes on sale hopefully you got your buck's worth of enjoyment out of it before the sale. If not, well don't buy a Pepsi/water/coffee the next day to save a buck.
Exactly, you could pay 20 dollars for a steak dinner or you could rummage for scraps in the dumpster around back for free.
06-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
Exactly, you could pay 20 dollars for a steak dinner or you could rummage for scraps in the dumpster around back for free.
Well, now I know what I'm doing for dinner. And to think, I was going to buy food like an idiot!!!