★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Denki
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 23.7 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "JUGGLE! is a gloriously simple and entertaining game that is flawlessly executed. This is a definite must for iPhone gamers." ThePortableGamer.com

"JUGGLE! is just perfect for pulling out when you have a spare moment. Definitely worth adding to anyone's collection." 5/5 AppSpy.com

4/5 Square-Go.com

HAVE A BALL with JUGGLE!

See JUGGLE! in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRw4AQEQCA

JUGGLE! is a a trip back in time to the origins of arcade games that captures the 1970s vibe.

Use your paddle to bat balls into the air. The more balls you juggle, the more points you score. It's as simple as that.

* No-nonsense rules and immediate action.
* Heart-warming retro styling with a distinctly modern flavour.
* Space-age audio effects take you on a trip.
* Find your own groove by playing along to your favourite tunes.

Denki Sean's comments:
We're pretty excited to announce that Juggle!, our heartfelt tribute to classic gaming, is now live on the App Store (99c/59p)

Juggle! is a trip back in time to the origins of arcade games that captures the 1970s vibe but is enriched by contemporary twists like Leaderboards, Challenges and Achievements (all through OpenFeint).

If anyone thinks they're up to the challenge, I'm "kwangchow" on the Leaderboards

Sean @ Denki
06-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Picked this up fun little retro game

06-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Are you sure this is based on a real game?.. I'm getting a...mockumentary kind of vibe here.
06-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Are you sure this is based on a real game?.. I'm getting a...mockumentary kind of vibe here.
You could be right either way it's a fun little game
06-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Game Impressions

"This game really shouldn't be this much fun..." Is the thought that kept crossing my mind while playing. But it is. Highly recommended.

EDIT: Would like to see some different monochrome colours/tones, possibly as unlockables, in an update.

Last edited by Gabrien; 06-21-2010 at 06:50 AM.
06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Busted

Here's a blog post explaining all.

And here's another about making the game itself. As you'll see, colours were under consideration and may well be again in the future...
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denki Sean View Post
Busted

Here's a blog post explaining all.

And here's another about making the game itself. As you'll see, colours were under consideration and may well be again in the future...
Interesting read. But actually, I didn't mean different coloured balls (as pictured in the blog,) what I meant was just a diiferent monochrome tint to the whole look. The game has a bluish tint right now; you could do red or green tints for example. Either as straight unlocks/options or...something more interesting and complex: a way to set the mood for a particular level or as a visual cue for the player, mood influence or some such.
06-21-2010, 05:06 PM
looks nice! Might pick it up later

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Had to pick this up - Denki Blocks is just too good - I figured that the dev knows what they are doing - video looks cool, and this could be an awesome game...

Just played a few games - I can see this being a blast.

Can you please add a "replay" button when you get a game over? Right now you have to exit out, then re-select the game mode - seems like it would be nice to just be able to restart if you get a game over - and if you want to change modes, then fine, quit...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 06-21-2010 at 07:00 PM.
06-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Interesting read. But actually, I didn't mean different coloured balls (as pictured in the blog,) what I meant was just a diiferent monochrome tint to the whole look. The game has a bluish tint right now; you could do red or green tints for example. Either as straight unlocks/options or...something more interesting and complex: a way to set the mood for a particular level or as a visual cue for the player, mood influence or some such.
Aha, I see what you're point. This is something we never had a chance to properly pursue during development but they way you've framed it here has piqued our interest and we'll be looking into it for future updates.

Cheers for the comment

Producer @ Denki
OpenFeint Tag: kwangchow

Denki Blocks! - Denki Blocks! Free - Juggle!