★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Theseus HD: sneak peek

06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Theseus HD: sneak peek

Hi folks,

I think that my iPhone game Theseus has gotten pretty good reception here at TA, so I wanted to give you all a little sneak peek at the iPad version I'm working on (Theseus HD). Screenshots are below (though they don't convey animation very well; maybe a movie in the near future).

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD
06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Looks nice -- and from the description of the iTouch version, it sounds like a fun game (haven't played the iTouch version). When do you hope to have the iPad version launched?

06-21-2010, 12:17 PM
The new graphics look fantastic! I especially like the partial corpses lying about (I assume those are previous failed attempts?)
06-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Awesome theme Jason!

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I loved the iTouch version.. cant wait to upgrade

Now Playing: Chaos Rings, Solomon's Keep,
Awaiting: Any half-decent golf game
06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Universal or separate app?

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Considering how well the iPhone version has done with very simple (but polished!) graphics, this should really crank up the attention.

Even if it's released as a separate version, if it's reasonably priced it will be an insta-buy for me.
06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Considering how well the iPhone version has done with very simple (but polished!) graphics, this should really crank up the attention.

Even if it's released as a separate version, if it's reasonably priced it will be an insta-buy for me.
What do you consider reasonably priced?

Theseus Lite
Theseus HD
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
I loved the first one and was ondering if maybe you could make an option to use the original skin too, I loved the simplicity

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
06-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
I loved the first one and was ondering if maybe you could make an option to use the original skin too, I loved the simplicity
Thanks for the recommendation This actually crossed my mind during development, but the main reason why I didn't was that the 2.5D nature of the current map engine doesn't map 1:1 to a 2D skin. So I'd have to put in extra logic to place elements in different coordinates depending on the skin, and I was really aiming for stability in the first release.

I am definitely introducing new skins in updates. I actually have the art for two more themes, but wanted to give people something to look forward to after the initial release Maybe when I put out those themes I can figure out how to work in the current 2D theme as well. Or I can include the super-original v1.0 theme:

Theseus Lite
Theseus HD