★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Free while I work on Expedition:Beyond the Walls 2!
Check it out:
http://racingspidergames.com/wordpress/

Hire a crew and watch them become elite!
Buy provisions, weapons, horses!
Roll the dice and encounter wildmen, beasts, bandit camps and more on your way to explore a legendary ruin!
Land exactly on the waypoints for fitness and other bonuses!

After a thousand years of hiding behind walled cities, the people of the world began venturing forth, into untamed wilds. Hire a stalwart crew, equip them with weapons and provisions and bravely strike out into the wilds in search of ancient treasure!

Expedition: Beyond the Walls takes your crew of adventurers, soldiers, apothecaries and more through savage wild lands to ancient sites, guarded by traps and monstrosities.

Along the route, your crew will be beset by sickness, disease, trail mishaps, beastmen, bandits and other horrors. If they survive the trip, they'll encounter the beasts and tests at the destination.

Roll dice to move the crew along the route, stopping at waypoints to make recovery camps. Overshoot, and you'll lose out on bonuses.

Buy equipment to aid your journey, but bring too much and be burdened by weight. If you don't bring enough, your crew may starve.

*** Follow E:BTW @twitter.com/expeditionBTW for tips, hints and update news!
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Would like to have more info or a video to understand what kind of games this one.

06-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Oregon Trail, the Medieval Years? I'd like to hear more about this - not clear on what it is but I'm in a spending mood.
06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
It does look potentially fun I just hope it has some decent replay as well as highscore tracking.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll try it out.

06-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I'll try it out.
Please let me know, more than anything else, if it tracks highscores (even if only locally)! Pass/fail just doesn't cut it for me, I need to know hwo well I kicked the level's ass!

My iTunes Reviews
06-21-2010, 05:19 PM
It tracks your best score for each level locally. The game is a bit like Oregon trail, except actions are all based on the luck of the dice rolls. To me it feels like a simple yet challenging solo survival game. There are only three campaigns so far, but hopefully the developer adds more.

06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It tracks your best score for each level locally. The game is a bit like Oregon trail, except actions are all based on the luck of the dice rolls. To me it feels like a simple yet challenging solo survival game. There are only three campaigns so far, but hopefully the developer adds more.
Thanks for once again proving YOU ARE the "King of the TOFTT"!

My iTunes Reviews
06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Thanks for once again proving YOU ARE the "King of the TOFTT"!
Anytime!*

*Except when I'm busy with other things or out of itunes money

06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey all, I'm the developer of the game and am happy to answer questions about it. As far as more campaigns - yes. We'll be releasing more campaigns with each update after the first.