★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God Ideas

02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Pocket God Ideas

Since they keep on making new Pocket God threads, I remembered I wrote down these old ideas and thought I'd stick 'em here for discussion.

Xiao's Pocket God Ideas Version 2.5!

Idea / Tool
New Gameplay Element
Bug Fix
Adjustment

1. Toolbar
An icon located on the top right brings up the toolbar on the right, which has many different tools that you can use against the islanders, like the ones listed below. I know it works so nicely without it, but eventually you're going to need it. Have you press the toolbar button once to bring it up, select a power, then press the toolbar button again to deselect your power.

1. Swarm
Unleash a deadly swarm of insects on the islanders. Use the touch screen to control where the storm flies, and when the flies touch the islanders, they get eaten alive and all that is left is a tiny islander skeleton!

2. Black Hole
Create a black hole anywhere on the screen that sucks the islanders in. Have them cling onto the island and each other before being sucked up!

3. God Fist
Smack and punch your islanders around when in this mode. (Check out Interactive Buddy, a flash game, for reference on how this would work.) Punch them into each other, out into the sea, into a black hole, whatever.

4. Death by Finger
Okay so the title sounds kind of wrong. Anyways, touch an islander and it will instantly die, leaving a little islander ragdoll on the map (complete with X eyes) for you to throw around, use the accelerometer to fling it around and etc.

5. Explosion
Wherever you touch explodes. BIG FUN. If you touch near an islander, they will be sent flying. If you touch ON an islander, they will be blown to bits! If you touch under an islander, they will be blown up into the sky.

6. Re-animator
Touch a islander to turn it into a ravaging zombie islander, who will then attack the other islanders and attempt to bite them. If they are bitten, they too will turn into a zombie! Watch the chaos unfold.

7. Comet
Touch somewhere and there will be a slight delay. The island will start to shake slightly and suddenly a comet will come flying from outer space and land where you touched, crushing any islanders below.

8. Drop Damage
Have it so that when you drag and islander to the very top and let him fall, he hits the ground in a more satisfying way. Preferably, he gets blown to pieces by the fall. This could be done in a cartoony, not too violent way, like Team Fortress 2. This shouldn't be a tool, just a correction.

9. Shark (IMPLEMENTED)
Add a shark to the water that will eat any islanders unlucky enough to find themselves taking a dip. Have the shark pull them under and a little bit of red rise in the water.

10. Cling
Like the drop damage, this wouldn't have to be an added tool, but rather just an added feature in the regular mode. When you are dragging an islander in midair and you drag him over another islander, have him grab onto the other islander for support, creating a chain of islanders that you're holding onto. (The best example is The Force Unleashed)

11. Freeze
Touch a islander to freeze him. He will be frozen in ice. Then switch to your regular finger and toss him in the water and he'll float. Or perhaps use Molten and he'll melt. Or use your God Fist and smash him into little pieces.

12. Molten
Touch, and as long as you keep your finger on the area, molten lava will pour from the touching spot. Burn up some islanders! Pour enough into the sea and it will become hot water which will burn the islanders.

13. Scapegoat
Touch an islander and he will become the "scapegoat", and all the other islanders will attack him.

14. Coconut (IMPLEMENTED)
This isn't a tool but a slight mod. During an earthquake, have the coconuts from the palm trees fall and split open on the ground or on an islander's head.

15. Killer Statue
Bring the statue to life and watch it as it rampages about, smashing islanders left and right!

16. Slice
Draw a line that will slice whatever is in it. Cut up the palm tree, chop a islander anyway you see fit.

17. Tsunami
A tsunami rushes over the island, leaving some islanders on the ground and others swept away by the sea.

18. War
Draw a circle. Whatever islanders are in this circle will declare war on any islanders you did not select within the circle. Watch as the islanders duke it out (and perhaps intervene as you see fit)

19. Female Islander
Be able to add a female islander and other islanders will flirt with (complete with little heart icons) and perhaps even fight over?

20. Gravity Fix
This is just a slight adjustment to the accelerometer usage. Have all islanders eventually come back down after they've fallen up. For example, if you tilt up and they fly up and you tilt back down within 5 seconds, the islander lands in the foreground and blows to bits at the height of the fall. If you wait more than 5 seconds, the islander lands in the background by the volcano (and may go into the volcano just like when you toss them)

21. Weather Fixes
Have it so that the multitouch is no longer a problem when using the lightning. Also, when you drag the islanders above the thunder cloud, the sky is blank and strange. Fix that.

bear. iPhone Game Development Team RECRUITING!! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4957
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
that's a serious list !

well done !

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !

02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Cool ideas

But ive made a social group just for this so please post it there

^^^^ im not spamming giving a heads up
02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
ok. thanks for the list and i know it's yours. can you please request a title change to just pocket god ideas to make it a general topic and not one that talks about your list. ;p

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Amazing ideas! Hopefully the devs of Pocket God will take these into mind, and maybe use some of them (if not all ).
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
ok. thanks for the list and i know it's yours. can you please request a title change to just pocket god ideas to make it a general topic and not one that talks about your list. ;p
Crap, I guess I didn't really think about that.

Oh well, too late. xD

bear. iPhone Game Development Team RECRUITING!! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4957
02-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, it's creative ideas like these that finally convinced me to buy Pocket God a few weeks ago. The devs actually listening was the other reason.
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Wow, it's creative ideas like these that finally convinced me to buy Pocket God a few weeks ago. The devs actually listening was the other reason.
That's why I love this platform. devs actually listen to requests. wait 3-4 months. all these features will probably be taken into effect, if not more.
02-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Option to name the islander!

Last edited by sygg; 02-25-2009 at 07:09 PM.
02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygg View Post
Option to name the islander!
why? they just die in a few seconds anyways usually

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !