★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch V1.1 Submitted to Apple

02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Rogue Touch V1.1 --- Available for Download Finally!!!

Rogue Touch Version 1.1 was submitted to Apple in the wee hours of this morning (2/25) after days of hard work, and I think everyone will be quite pleased with the results. Not only did we get in all of our planned features and enhancements, but a few last minute suggestions as well!

************************************************** *****************************************
Update- Apple Accepted Rogue Touch V1.1 at 8:30PM EST Sunday 3/1/09... The new version should be available to download within the next few hours!!
************************************************** *****************************************

Here are a few sample pictures to whet your appetite, wth more details below:

Look at those doors in the mini map overlay... Oh and what is that in the bottom? Experience Points? And is that an iPod Playing Icon at the top of the screen?

Me trying out as an extra for "The Blob Returns"

Settings for Version 1.1. Now you can play it your way

Version 1.1 Upgrade:
* Door locations shown on mini-map overlay.
* Music On/Off Option- Play your own music-in game! (Also observes the iPhone silent switch to turn off audio)
* Fast-Play Option- double tap in the direction you'd like to keep running in. Your character will go until he reaches an obstacle or passes something interesting (doors, treasure, stairs, a monster that wants to kill him!).
* Quick Shoot/Throw/Zap Option- while wielding a ranged weapon, tap its icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up the direction selector. Less tapping means more killing!
* Numeric Experience Option- Show the current experience and amount required for next level/rank of your character at the bottom of the screen. Use it wisely while monster hunting!
* Vibration Option- turn off vibrations if they are not desired (great if you want to play while sitting in meetings!)
* Remembers your last used character name, no need to type unless you want to try another name.
* 2 new potions: Hallucination: found in a few Rogue variants. Drinking it is probably not wise. The other is a secret one of our own design... You'll either love it or hate it. Maybe both
* 2 new weapons: Katana and shurikens!
* 2 new armors: Ninja Suit (shozoku) that provides stealth, but offers little protection, and Elfin chain mail, which is stronger than basic chain mail and cannot rust!
* Small tweaks for saved game handling.
* Better Chance of "super" weapons and equipment (powerful damage bonuses or special abilities). When descending to a level that has a super item you'll "sense powerful magic on this floor"

We're hoping it will be available at the end of this week if Apple hurries the approval process along. Please ask if you have further questions or comments on the features in this great update!!! Once this one is in your hands we'll be starting a poll or two for new features in version 1.2... Not that we need any more ideas, but we want to hear YOURS

I'll post a few more interesting pictures shortly

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by CommanderData; 03-01-2009 at 09:41 PM.
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Yay! I picked up 1.0 on the app store this morning and haven't been able to put it down. These improvements look great.

If I can suggest something for 1.2, I'm not sure if it was available in the original Rogue, but I think a message history would be helpful.

02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Cant wait for the upgrade ---- its great to know that you devs are listening to us ---I am proud to support you guys ---- I will wait with baited breath.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm glad to hear that we're keeping people on the edge of their seat! There was a lot of hard work to get this ready in time (if I didn't have that darn day-job it'd be a whole lot easier). I have a few more teaser pics to spread out here... We took so many over the last few days it's tough to sort through the mess!

Here's something interesting... This guy is carrying a superweapon that allows him to see further in the darkness than your average +1, +1 Mace. On closer inspection that weapon and armor are not familiar

--- ChronoSoft ---
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Looks cool -- any chance at a sale soon?
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderData View Post
* Better Chance of "super" weapons and equipment (powerful damage bonuses or special abilities). When descending to a level that has a super item you'll "sense powerful magic on this floor"
A tip o' the hat to Moria, eh? Cool. Artifacts w/o the ability to level scum equals GOOD FUN!
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
A tip o' the hat to Moria, eh? Cool. Artifacts w/o the ability to level scum equals GOOD FUN!

Yes indeed, it will be good fun! Let's take a closer look at this guy and see what he's carrying.... Some hot goodies in his inventory! What the heck is that sword, it's got a stack of adjectives on it?!?!

--- ChronoSoft ---
02-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for the new update.
Thanks for bringing it out so quickly.
02-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Sorry I didn't answer the couple of questions, I was digging for the next picture. Since I cant find it yet (Jessica's looking on her Mac now)...

The message history- I think some variants had a scrolling window where you could look at previous messages, but most of them showed a single line of text with a -more- at the end which meant to hit a key to see the rest of the line. We figured two lines would eliminate that little design flaw! Right now there's no buffer for the messages, once the slide up they're free electrons We might be able to make that scrollable in the future with some hard work though.

Pricing- we're still at our introductory price of $2.99, and probably will be going up after version 1.2 (the next one after this pending upgrade). I think it'll be a while though so you still have some time to consider... we're trying to support this the best we can and provide everyone with a quality game. Hopefully you'll get a chance to try it and agree

--- ChronoSoft ---
02-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Ok, finally found that picture I was looking for...

The advantages of being the developer of Rogue Touch... I can give myself a nice toothpick to try out. Purely for playtesting purposes of course. I'm not afraid of Griffins. Really!

--- ChronoSoft ---