★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Picture for free?

02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: App Tech Studios, USA
Posts: 1,363
Picture for free?

I was wondering if their is a source for free, uncopywritten pictures that I could use for my app. I would like a picture of somebody screaming for my loading screen, but anything including a source, picture, or even a program like paint to draw (for mac) in would be appreciated (bad wording). Thank you!
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
I was wondering if their is a source for free, uncopywritten pictures that I could use for my app. I would like a picture of somebody screaming for my loading screen, but anything including a source, picture, or even a program like paint to draw (for mac) in would be appreciated (bad wording). Thank you!
To avoid any copyright trouble, I suggest you go to a royalty-free photo site and actually pay for the rights. It's the only way you'll be safe for sure, and the pics are usually really high quality.

Or perhaps you could get someone you know to scream and take a pic.

02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: App Tech Studios, USA
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
To avoid any copyright trouble, I suggest you go to a royalty-free photo site and actually pay for the rights. It's the only way you'll be safe for sure, and the pics are usually really high quality.

Or perhaps you could get someone you know to scream and take a pic.
Thanks for your time! So their is no site that gives free pics?
02-26-2009, 06:26 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 775
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
what's the app about? (random off topic question I know, but what the hell)

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator
02-26-2009, 09:50 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
what's the app about? (random off topic question I know, but what the hell)
Yeah, I always hear about you making a spash screen or a menu, or savestate, but never any info about your actual game.


a friend of mine once did this to me for years. He kept coming up with gameplay and plot ideas, but never told anyone about them. At one point in 2006, he made a logo for the game, and it looked like it was in a dark room with a spotlight on the logo - very dramatic. It had the number "2007" in big white letters at the bottom - it looked like a movie poster.

I bugged him about it forever, and by about December of 2007, I told him he really needed to get some work done - so he updated my poster with a "2008" number on it!

It is now 2009. I guess it's time for a new poster.


Don't be that guy!

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Using CC Stuff is great, but he has to look out under which CC-License a picture was released and then must not forget to give credit to the original artist.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-26-2009, 01:43 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: App Tech Studios, USA
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
what's the app about? (random off topic question I know, but what the hell)
The app is going to be an entertainment, for fun app. It is not a game. It is my first app the I'll release, so I am still learning a lot! I will probably release a video in a month, so that will have a lot more information in it. Stay tuned!
02-26-2009, 11:55 PM
#10
have you tried image stock exchange? www.sxc.hu

Games Developed: STITCH'EM WORDS