★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Warp Dreams
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 0.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Smart Brick 3D is a puzzle game that challenges and trains your 3D space sense, packed with simplistic art style. your need to arrange bricks of different colors with a proper orientation within given time, in order to fill up layers and resolve them. Each level has its unique design not only to entertain, but also to move people emotionally. Intuitive multi-touch control enables manipulation of 3D objects in 3D spaces with ease.

- Full 3D graphics running smoothly at 40 FPS (on iPhone 3GS)
- Variant level designs with different pace, play styles and goals
- Smooth and intuitive multi touch control
- different sets of bricks, suiting from newbies to experts
- Multiple relaxed casual levels to spend time on, each has a distinct theme
- Full dynamic animation and background
- A highscore board where you can challenge yourself or your friends

How to play:

- Double tap the brick to drop it
- Press on the brick and hold to drag it around
- Tab the spinning rectangles around the brick to turn it in the shown direction
- Try fill up a full layer to make it disappear and score!

Game modes:

- Elimination: you must resolve specific bricks that scattered in the level to win. Some are hard to reach, and time is limited.
- Time Killer: have some time to spend on bus or subway? Relax and score as much as you can in the beatiful levels. No time limit.

Vist: warpdreams.blogspot.com for more screenshots and information about other games.

If you have any suggestions or need support, write to: dreams.warp@gmail.com

pluto6's comments:

I got introduced to this excellent puzzler by colorsound - so thanks for that!

This is a really unique puzzler that utilizes elements of Tetris and Qbism (not the same developers)...

The goal is to destroy the structure by filling in all the empty spaces with the various shapes presented to you. 2 different modes - 1 timed, the other not. It is very simple, elegant, well presented. There is a separate app for the iPhone, and also a lite version if you want to try it out.

I think that my only "complaint" is that this app would seem perfect to be a universal version and have one app that is perfect for all the devices.
06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Another itch that needed to be scratched. Bought

Last edited by ataloss; 06-23-2010 at 02:40 AM.
06-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Okay, I've been playing around a while with m'blocks. Nice game. An interesting take on the genre and I think should appeal to anyone who would like to help their brain wriggle out of their ears and escape to some less stressful green pasture somewhere.

A couple of thoughts though. I'm finding the tap to drop idea a little infuriating (okay, actually, I screamed at the cat so much, it had kittens). The problem being that drag to move and tap to drop can be confused and this results in a carefully positioned block veering off to exactly the place I didn't want it. For the love of god, please include a tasteful and discreet 'drop' button at the bottom, sides or top!

From what I can see, and have played, all modes seem to be timed. Now, not bad in itself, but I think a pause button would be a godsend. Otherwise, when nature calls and both hands are busy, I have to save and exit the game, then go through the menus again to continue my 'blockathon"

Perhaps I'll mail the developer later, invite him (her?), ply him with incense and myrrh, and try to get these things put in. Along with a tutorial - took me a bit of time to figure out exactly what to do - or is that all part of the puzzle?

Apart from that, great game. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Really didn't want all that money saved in my account, seeming to waste its time, doing nothing...
11-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Now FREE for the first time. There is no information about how long the action will stay. Was US$3.99 (2,99 €) before. The app was never updated.

Tried it. It's Tetris pure in 3D and when you've got used to controls maybe it's updated fun for Tetris fans.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)