★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The multitouch revolution is here! Take every fire with its color but use one different finger for each fire! Totally crazy idea that give you fun and make you think too.

Features
Arcade mode (infinite levels).
Frenetic mode (infinite levels).
78 ingenious puzzle levels for the iPad.
62 brilliant puzzle levels for the iPhone.
Level editor (create your own levels).
Game Center full integration.
OpenFeint with achievements.
Universal bin (iPad version included).
Retina display adapted.

Reviews
"TwisTouch is a great combination of dexterity and puzzle solving that offers unique gameplay that i haven't come across elsewhere. The gameplay is simple, but you will quickly get your brain and fingers twisted up in knots. I'm usually pretty good at thinking through spatial puzzles. However, this game has had me turning my iPad around, trying to figure out how to orient my hands, craning my neck to look at it from a different angle and then is still challenging to move to the right place even once you know what you want to do. Sometimes the solution is simple but getting my fingers to do what i want is toug" By Finandir

"If you ever played the game Twister and ever wanted to play it on your iPhone, this is the perfect game for you. This game features all the fun of manipulating yourself into awkward positions only with your fingers. Very fun on iPhone and exceptional on iPad. Also a lot of value in it since you can create your own levels" By B$4ST

ivanovich's comments:

What happens when you take an iPad/iPhone and add...
- The fun of the legendary game Twister?
- Drops of ingenuity from games like Sokoban?
- Graphics and music with Zen inspiration?
- OpenFeint with achievements?
- Several game modes?

Mix and get... TwistTouch!

The game objective is to take every fire with its color. And we have 2 basic rules:
1) Make sure to place all colors before letting go. (You MUST use more than one finger simultaneously.)
2) The fires must not collide.

The gameplay is really fun and you'll have to think carefully about which hands and fingers you choose to achieve your goal.

Twistouch is also available for iphone/ipod.

Download LITE version --> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twistouch-hd-lite/id377601187?mt=8

The game is now with special launch price 0,78€ for universal version (pay once and enjoy it in iphone and ipad)
06-23-2010, 05:44 AM
I have played as betatester and i love it

06-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I also beta tested this one and enjoyed it quite a bit. The gameplay is simple, but you will quickly get your brain and fingers twisted up in knots. I'm usually pretty good at thinking through spatial puzzles. However, this game has had me turning my iPad around, trying to figure out how to orient my hands, craning my neck to look at it from a different angle and then is still challenging to move to the right place even once you know what you want to do. Sometimes the solution is simple but getting my fingers to do what I want is tough.

There are several level packs and game modes that you unlock by completing the earlier levels. Each puzzle you complete awards 1-3 stars depending on how quickly you complete it. Earning enough stars unlocks the next level pack or challenge mode. The levels also award a numeric score and scores are posted on OpenFeint if you have it enabled. There are OpenFeint achievements as well. As you complete a level, you can decide to immediately replay it to try for a better time and more points and/or stars or just move on to the next level. You can jump directly to any level at any time as well. So, if a level is frustrating you, you can come back later. On some levels, I find myself zooming ahead to see what is next, on others, I have ended up spending quite a bit of time because I just know that I can do better and get that one more start or just a few more points.

TwisTouch starts out with a nice series of relatively easy levels with built in animated help to aid you in learning how to play. I'm hoping more developers take this as an example of how to help new players learn their games.

The fact that the full game includes a level editor is a nice touch. If you manage to get through all the levels provided, create some of your own. Hopefully this will lead to some level design contests to produce even more levels for people to download.

I'm glad to see that ivanovich released the lite version at the same time as the full game. TwisTouch definitely has that, "Just one more level and then I'll stop," kind of feel to it. I haven't played another game quite like this one and it is definitely an interesting combination of dexterity and puzzle solving worth giving a try.

Last edited by Finandir; 06-23-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: quick spelling fix
06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the impressions guys.

I hate having to choose between the 2 devices, which seems to be more and more common... However, that being the case - which do you get? The HD version for the graphics goodness, or get the iPhone version and play on 2x mode -

Speaking of the iPhone version - does it support multitouch? I only saw the iPad video - and I know that it does...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I hate having to choose between the 2 devices, which seems to be more and more common... However, that being the case - which do you get? The HD version for the graphics goodness, or get the iPhone version and play on 2x mode -

Speaking of the iPhone version - does it support multitouch? I only saw the iPad video - and I know that it does...
Luckily there is no reason to choose. It's a universal app with a lite version to try out. The lite version should have the first level pack that gives you a chance to see how it plays.

As for multitouch support, while I've only ever tried it on the iPad, it wouldn't actually work without multitouch. So, my educated guess is yes, this game supports multitouch on the iPhone.
06-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Yes, it's a universal app. Pay once and you can play in your iphone and your ipad with no extra charge ;-)
06-24-2010, 05:38 AM
I also beta tested this game and I think it is really addicting and quite original. A nice take on multitouch strategy. Yes the iPhone version is multitouch.
06-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Very good game, im love ....
07-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Wow! I've just bought it. I like it!