★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New puzzle game from the creators of TanZen!

02-26-2009, 01:22 AM
New puzzle game from the creators of TanZen!

Hey all you TanZen fans! Find your Zen again, with Zentomino! Like its sister game, TanZen, Zentomino takes you on an ever expanding journey of peaceful challenges. This time around, explore the world of pentominoes, where you must recreate a shape by using up to twelve differently shaped puzzle pieces. Like TanZen, you'll be given a wide variety of puzzles, which will grow considerably over time.

If you loved TanZen, you'll feel right at home with this new twist on a classic game from Little White Bear Studios! Zentomino is currently being reviewed by Apple, so look for it soon on the App Store!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Little White Bear Studios; 10-15-2009 at 06:42 PM.
02-26-2009, 01:25 AM
oo looks awesome. Like a tetris mixed with tanzen.

Looks harder than tanzen too.

02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Oh, that just looks amazing.

I agree, looks like a Tetris Tanzen combination.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Should be called Tanztries then.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89
02-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes it does look awesome, and it looks like there will be a lot of puzzles again! At least 9 * 8 = 72, and since there are more screens it could even be 144, 216, 288 (or any other number, lol).

Any word on the exact amount of levels? (Not that it matters much if it's more than 100)
What about the price?

(If it's $0,99 like TanZen I'll get it immediately, TanZen has an incredible value for $0,99. Last Sunday I had to set up my iPod as new and I lost my progress on all my games. I look forward to starting over and finishing it for the second time. )

Stefan
02-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey, it's Daedalian Opus for the new millennium (kudos to anyone who knows what I'm talking about without looking it up on the internet). I might just have to check this out once it's released.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Any word on the exact amount of levels?
There will be 144 levels to start! And the list will grow, just like TanZen. TanZen currently has about 4x the number of puzzles it started with, so you should expect the same sort of update frequency on this game.

Quote:
What about the price?
Zentomino will be $1.99. TanZen was $2.99 for the first couple months, before eventually going down to $0.99. So we're going with a happy medium here.

Quote:
Last Sunday I had to set up my iPod as new and I lost my progress on all my games. I look forward to starting over and finishing it for the second time.
Well I hope you enjoy it even more the second time around!
02-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
oo looks awesome. Like a tetris mixed with tanzen.

Looks harder than tanzen too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Oh, that just looks amazing.

I agree, looks like a Tetris Tanzen combination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
Should be called Tanztries then.

Thanks guys! Pentomino shapes do indeed look similar to Tetris pieces, but the game is played in an entirely different way. I think it is a bit harder than TanZen at times. But there are a variety of difficulty levels in the puzzles, so there should be a pretty good challenge for just about everyone.
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for your replies LWBS!

Stefan
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Hey, it's Daedalian Opus for the new millennium (kudos to anyone who knows what I'm talking about without looking it up on the internet). I might just have to check this out once it's released.
No kudos for me! Had to look it up! Thanks for possibly checking it out!